Aluminium in Africa
Aluminium in Africa originates primarily in Guinea, Mozambique and Ghana. Guinea is by far the biggest producer in Africa, and is a world leader in aluminium and bauxite production; see "World bauxite mine production, reserves, and reserve base" at the bauxite article.
www.egyptalum.com.e.g. Nagehammadi factory of aluminium
- Mbendi overview
- Rio Tinto Alcan
- Compagnie des Bauxites de Guinée (CBG) - in the Boké Region - Guinea's largest producer, affiliated with Halco Mining, which is affiliated with Alcan, Alcoa, Reynolds Metals, Pechiney, Comalco, etc.
- Alumina Company of Guinea, ACG - operating the Friguia bauxite-alumina complex at Fria 
- Societé des Bauxites de Kindia SBK - state-owned, operates the Kindia mining operations; operated by Rusal (Russia Aluminium) and exports bauxite to Ukraine
- Global Alumina Products Corporation, proposed smelting operation in Conakry
- Kinia - refinery 
- There are over 100 Guinean aluminium companies listed at MBendi's Bauxite:Africa:Guinea information page
- South Africa does not mine bauxite nor refine alumina; BHP Billiton operates two smelters at Richards Bay in Kwazulu Natal.
- Copper in Africa
- Iron ore in Africa
- Platinum in Africa
- Titanium in Africa
- Uranium in Africa
- List of Alumina Refineries
|This African corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|