|Minister of the Economy and Finance|
2 September 2013 – April 2019
|Prime Minister||Aminata Touré; Mohammed Dionne|
|Preceded by||Amadou Kane|
|Succeeded by||Abdoulaye Daouda Diallo|
|Born||17 May 1961|
Amadou Ba (born 17 May 1961) is a Senegalese politician and since 2019 Minister of Foreign Affairs. He was Minister of Economy and Finance, serving 2013 to 2019.
Early life and education
After achieving a technical baccalauréat in management in 1980, Ba received a master's degree in economic science, focusing on corporate management and a diploma of taxes and estates from the National School of Administration and Magistrature (ENAM) in 1988.
Ba was a trainee inspector in Diourbel in 1989, then Chief Inspector of the first division of value-added tax at the General Directorate of Taxes and Estates (DGID) in Dakar. In 1991 he undertook further training at the Institut international d'administration publique in Paris and in Baltimore.
From 1990 to 1992, Ba was Head Inspector for Dakar-Plateau, then held the position of Controlling Commissioner of Insurance at the Directorate of Insurance until 1994, and then Verifying Inspector at the Directorate of Verification and Fiscal Investigations.
After more training in 2001 at the École nationale des impôts in Clermont-Ferrand, Ba became head of the Centre for Large Enterprises in the Directorate of Taxes in 2002. In 2004 he was Director of Taxes for a year. In November of the same year, he was named Director-General of Taxes and Estates. During his tenure, a new Code général des impôts was begun, which entered into force in January 2013.
Alongside these roles, Ba taught at ENAM in the taxes and estates department from 1992 and at COFEB/BCEAO from 1995 to 2000.
When Aminata Touré became prime minister on 2 September 2013, Ba was appointed Minister of the Economy and Finance, replacing Amadou Kane. He retained this position when Mohammed Dionne took over as prime minister in 2014.
- African Development Bank (AfDB), Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (since 2013)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF), Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (since 2013)
- Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), World Bank Group, Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (since 2013)
- World Bank, Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (since 2013)
Ba is married and has three children.
- « Voici le curriculum vitæ de Monsieur Amadou Ba , Ministre de l'Economie et des Finances », DakarActu, 2 September 2013.
- Amadou Ba, un homme du sérail aux commandes de l’Economie et des Finances Archived 2014-07-14 at the Wayback Machine, 2 September2013.
- AfDB Annual Report 2017 African Development Bank (AfDB).
- Board of Governors International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Board of Governors Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), World Bank Group.
- Board of Governors World Bank.