Alliance for the Republic (Senegal)
|Founded||1 December 2008|
119 / 150
The Alliance for the Republic–Yakaar (French: Alliance pour la république, APR) is a political party in Senegal. It was formed by former Prime Minister Macky Sall after his departure from the Senegalese Democratic Party (PDS) in December 2008. Macky Sall was also APR's candidate in the 2012 presidential election in which he defeated incumbent President Abdoulaye Wade. APR was joined by several former members of the PDS.
It is the dominant partner in the United in Hope coalition, which holds a large majority in the National Assembly.
- Bureau of African Affairs, Background Note: Senegal, U.S. State Department, retrieved 27 February 2012
- "Senegal", The World Factbook, CIA, retrieved 27 February 2012
- L’Alliance pour la république (Apr) est née, Nettali.net, 1 December 2008, retrieved 27 February 2012
- Massaly, Yakhya (2 December 2008), Sénégal: Création de l'Alliance pour la République / Yakaar - Macky officialise son combat contre Wade, AllAfrica.com, retrieved 27 February 2012
- Adigbli, Koffigan E. (1 February 2012), "Politics-Senegal: Violence After Validation of Wade Candidacy", Global Issues, retrieved 27 February 2012
- "Election Profile: Senegal", IFES Election Guide, Consortium for Elections and Political Process Strengthening (CEPPS), retrieved 27 February 2012
- L’Alliance pour la République (Apr) en passe de devenir un PDS bis ?, DakarActu, 24 January 2012, retrieved 27 February 2012
- Website of the Alliance for the Republic (French)
- Alliance for the Republic - "Fans de Macky" (French)
|This article about a political party in Senegal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|