Prakash Yashwant Ambedkar
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Member of Parliament|
1998 to 1999, 1999 to 2004
|Preceded by||Bhausaheb Phundkar|
|Succeeded by||Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre|
|Constituency||Akola (Lok Sabha constituency)|
|Born||10 May 1954 (age 64)|
Bombay, Bombay State, India
|Political party||Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh|
Prakash Yashwant Ambedkar (born 10 May 1954), popularly known as Balasaheb Ambedkar, is an Indian politician and lawyer. He is national leader of political party called Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh (BBM). He is the grandson of Bharat Ratna B. R. Ambedkar. He was a member of the 13th Lok Sabha of India. He has twice represented the Lok Sabha constituency of Akola, Maharashtra, India. He has served in both houses of the Indian Parliament.
Ambedkar has held following positions,
- 1990-96: Nominated Member, Rajya Sabha from 18-9-1990 to 17-9-1996.
- 1992-96: Member, Committee on Rules
- 1993-96: Member, Committee on Communications
- 1998: Elected to 12th Lok Sabha
- 1998-99: Member, Committee on Food, Civil Supplies and Public Distribution; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Human Resource Development
- 1999: Re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (2nd term);Leader, Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh Parliamentary Party, Lok Sabha
- 1999-2000: Member, Committee on Energy
- 2000–present: Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Railways
Prakash Ambedkar is the grandson of Dr B. R. Ambedkar , and Ramabai Ambedkar and Savita Ambedkar were his grandmothers. His father's name is Yashwant Ambedkar(Bhaiyasaheb) and mother's name is Meera. The Ambedkar family are followers of Buddhism. He has two younger brothers Bhimrao & Anandraj and a sister Ramabai who is married to Anand Teltumbde. Prakash Ambedkar is married to Anjali Maydeo and they have a son named Sujat.
- Ambedkari Chalval Sampli Ahe
- Andheri Nagari Chaupat Raja
- Maharashtracha Uddyacha Mukhyamantri Varkari ani Varkarich
- Can It Be Stopped!
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh Ka Vaicharik Bhrashtachar
- Aetehasik Ambedkar Bhawanacha Varasa Aapan Japanar Ki Nahi ? (The Historic Heritage Of Ambedkar Bhavan Will We Preserve It ?)
Organized different mass rallies at national level after on riddles march case, Rohith Vemula suicide case, Ambedkar Bhavan demolition case, Unna Dalit atrocity case and 2018 Bhima Koregaon violence case.
- "prakash ambedkar".
- Biographical Sketch of Member of 13th Lok Sabha
- Prakash Ambedkar son of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar | Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
- Ambedkar’s grandson stresses on leadership qualities
- Lok Sabha
- "Biographical Sketch of Member of 13th Lok Sabha". Parliamentofindia.nic.in. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- "Microsoft Word - biograp_sketc_1a.htm" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- "Vemula's mom, brother embrace Buddhism on Ambedkar Jayanti - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- "14th October 1956: B.R. Ambedkar converts to Buddhism along with 365,000 followers". www.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- "होम मिनिस्टर प्रा. अंजली मायदेव : महिला आघाडीची जबाबदारी". divyamarathi (in Marathi). Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- Ambedkar, Prakash (2014). Can It Be Stopped! (1st ed.). Bhashya Prakashan. ISBN 9789383206261.
- ????????, ?????? (2013). Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh Ka Vaicharik Bhrashtachar (in Hindi) (1st ed.). Bhashya Prakashan. ISBN 9789383206216.
- "BookGanga - Creation | Publication | Distribution". www.bookganga.com. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- "जानें महाराष्ट्र बंद का आह्वान करने वाले प्रकाश अंबेडकर कौन हैं?". Zee News Hindi. 2018-01-03. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- "दोषियों पर अगर नहीं होगी कार्रवाई, तो हिंदुओं में भी पैदा होंगे हाफिज सईद : प्रकाश अंबेडकर". www.navodayatimes.in (in Hindi). Retrieved 2018-10-10.