|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|Launched||23 January 2006|
|Owned by||The Times Group|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)
16:9 (1080i, HDTV)
|Slogan||"Action Begins Here"|
|Broadcast area||India, Singapore, Malaysia, UK, USA|
The channel was launched in 2006 by Times Global Broadcasting Company Limited, a joint-venture of The Times Group (Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.) and Reuters. Sunil Lulla was hired from the Sony Entertainment Television as CEO. In 2008, Reuters exited the venture by selling back its 25.82 percent stake in Times Global to BCCL.
- Exchange4media News Broadcasting (ENBA) Awards - Exchange4media formulated these awards in 2008 with the objective of recognizing the best in Television news, to reward broadcasters and industry leaders who are responsible for shaping the future of Television Broadcasting in India.
- ENBA 2012
- News Channel of the year- Times Now
- News Channels Editor in Chief of the year- Arnab Goswami.
Along with the other Times group channels (Zoom, ET Now and Movies Now) Times Now is distributed by Media Network and Distribution (India) Ltd (MNDIL), which is a joint venture between The Times Group and Yogesh Radhakrishnan, a cable and satellite industry veteran, under the brand Prime Connect.
||This article's Criticism or Controversy section may compromise the article's neutral point of view of the subject. (November 2015)|
Times now was blamed by the Aam Aadmi Party for allegedly showing news that portrayed Arvind Kejriwal and his Aam Aadmi Party in a negative light. AAP threatened Times Now with imprisonment, citing reasons of a "paid media". Later Editor Guilds of India and BEA attacked AAP for blatant disrespect of press freedom.
- "Reuters To Sell Its Stake In Times Global Broadcasting To BCCL".
- Arundhati Roy. "Arundhati Roy: Mumbai was not India's 9/11". the Guardian.
- "Times Now censured for not revealing defence analysts business interests". indianexpress.com.
- "enba2011". exchange4media.com.
- "ENBA 2012: NDTV sweeps awards; Times Now is News Channel of the Year". exchange4media.com. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-03.
- "ENBA: Top awards for TIMES NOW". exchange4media.com. 14 Sep 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "BCCL floats TV distribution joint venture".
- Complaint No. 8 of 2011 (SM) - In the matter of M/s. Times Global Broadcasting Company Ltd., Mumbai - Telecast of programme titled “Will Kanimozhi turn approver” on news channel Times Now on May 20, 2011
- [dead link]