|Born||1924 (age 92–93)
Jerusalem, British Mandate of Palestine (now Jerusalem, Israel)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (BA and Master's in mechanical engineering)
|Known for||former IDF Major-General; President of Technion; military expert; nuclear scientist|
Amos Horev (Hebrew: עמוס חורב; born 1924, Jerusalem) is an Israeli military official and expert. He served as a Haganah fighter before the founding of the state, and was later an Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) Major-General, Chief of Ordnance and subsequently Quartermaster General and Chief Scientist of the IDF, nuclear scientist, President of Technion University, and Chairman of Rafael. In June 2010, he was appointed to the Israeli special independent Turkel Commission of Inquiry into the Gaza flotilla raid.
- Lou Hirsh (25 December 1998). "Looking toward new battlefields". Jewish News of Greater Phoenix. Archived from the original on 9 June 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- Ilene R. Prusher (8 May 2008). "At 60, Israel's never-ending struggle for security". Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- Manfredo Macioti (March 1977). A Science Policy Visit to Israel. Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. p. 19. Retrieved June 17, 2010.
- Chaim Herzog, Shlomo Gazit (2005). The Arab-Israeli wars: war and peace in the Middle East from the 1948 War of Independence to the present. Random House, Inc. ISBN 1-4000-7963-2. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- Walter Laqueur (2006). Dying for Jerusalem: the past, present and future of the holiest city. Sourcebooks, Inc. ISBN 1-4022-0632-1. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- Joel Peters (1992). Israel and Africa: the problematic friendship. I.B.Tauris. ISBN 1-870915-10-0. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- Norman H. Gray, "Canopy over Israel: Eyewitness Reports on the Selection, Training, and Assignment of Personnel in the Israel Air Force", Naval Sea Support Center, Pacific, 1 September 1978; retrieved 17 June 2010.
- Ravid, Barak (16 June 2010). "Gaza flotilla probe panel to hold first meeting on Wednesday". Haaretz. Archived from the original on 17 June 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- "Cabinet asked to approve independent public commission". Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 13 June 2010. Archived from the original on 22 June 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
|This biographical article related to the military of Israel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Israeli engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|