|Look up amyl in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Amyl may refer to:
- Amylum or starch, a carbohydrate
- Pentyl, a five-carbon alkyl functional group, also known by the common non-systematic name amyl
- Amyl nitrite, also known as Amyl when used as a recreational drug
- Amylamine, a solvent and raw material
- Amylase, an enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of starch into sugars
- Amyloid, fibrous protein aggregates, named based on an mistaken belief that they contained starch
- Amyloplast, non-pigmented organelles found in some plant cells
- Amyl acetate, used as a flavoring agent, solvent, and in the preparation of penicillin
- Amyl alcohol, a solvent
- Amyl nitrate, organic reagent and diesel fuel additive
- Amyl nitrite, used to treat heart diseases and cyanide poisoning
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Amyl.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.