Aníbal José Chávez Frías
|Aníbal José Chávez Frías|
|Mayor of Sabaneta|
October 31, 2004 – July 17, 2016
|Preceded by||Noel Zamudia|
|Born||January 9, 1957
Sabaneta, Barinas, Venezuela
|Died||July 17, 2016(aged 59)|
|Political party||Fifth Republic Movement(until 2007)
United Socialist Party of Venezuela (2007–2016)
|Relations||Adán Chávez (brother)
Hugo Chávez (brother, deceased)
Hugo de los Reyes Chávez and Elena Frías de Chávez (parents)
Aníbal José Chávez Frías (January 9, 1957 – July 17, 2016) was a Venezuelan politician. He was the mayor of Sabaneta, Barinas, and the younger brother of former President Hugo Chávez and governor Adán Chávez. Chávez was born in 1957, the youngest son of Hugo de los Reyes Chávez and Elena Frías de Chávez.
Mayor of Sabaneta
Aníbal was the mayor of Sabaneta, a city in Venezuela's Barinas State. Sabaneta is the capital city of Alberto Arvelo Torrealba municipality in Barines. The city was founded by Juan de Alhama in 1787. The principal industry is sugar production.
Aníbal was a member of the Chávez political family. His father is Hugo de los Reyes Chávez (a former state governor). Two of his brothers were also politicians. These are: Adán Chávez, Governor of Barinas, and the late President of Venezuela, Hugo Chávez (1954 - 2013).
- [dead link]
- "Chavez Frias Anibal Jose - Edo. Barinas - Venezuela". Dateas.com. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- Jens Glüsing (2008-11-20). "Venezuelan State Elections: Pressure Mounts for Entire Chavez Clan - SPIEGEL ONLINE". Spiegel.de. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-12-28. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- Gould, Jens Erik (2 November 2007). "Where Everyone (Important) Is a Chavez". Time.com. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- "State Ruled by Crime and Chávez Family". The New York Times. 21 July 2009. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
|This article about a mayor in Venezuela is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|