Anatomy of a Psycho
|Anatomy of a Psycho|
|Directed by||Boris Petroff (as Brooke L. Peters)|
|Produced by||Boris Petroff (producer)|
|Written by||Jane Mann (original story)
Jane Mann (screenplay) &
Don Devlin (screenplay)
Edward D. Wood, Jr. (as Larry Lee)
|Music by||Michael Terr|
|Edited by||Ed Spiegel|
Anatomy of a Psycho (1961) is an American film directed by Boris Petroff (as Brooke L. Peters). Ed Wood reportedly contributed to Jane Mann's screenplay as Larry Lee. The film uses music originally used for Wood's Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959). Ronnie Burns, adopted son of George Burns and Gracie Allen, plays the lead.
After his brother is sentenced to death at a trial, teenager Chet increasingly experiences paranoia and psychosis, which not even his sister, best friend or girlfriend can relieve. Ultimately losing touch with surrounding reality, he assaults the son of the prosecuting attorney. However, Lieutenant Mac, a local police officer, discovers Chet's involvement and hunts him down, leading to a tragic denouement.
- Ronnie Burns as Mickey
- Pamela Lincoln as Pat
- Darrell Howe as Chet
- Judy Howard as Sandy
- Michael Granger as Lt. Mac
- Frank Killmond as Bobbie
- Russ Bender as Frank
- Don Devlin as Moe
- William Salzwedel as Duke
- Robert Stabler as Defense Attorney
- John B. Lee as District Attorney
- Pat McMahon as Arthur (uncredited)
The film was released on DVD in 2001.
- Anatomy of a Psycho/Hatchet For the Honeymoon (1974), Amazon.com. Retrieved on 24 February 2010.
- The Haunted World of Edward D. Wood, Jr. (1996), documentary film directed by Brett Thompson
- Rudolph Grey, Nightmare of Ecstasy: The Life and Art of Edward D. Wood, Jr. (1992) ISBN 978-0-922915-24-8
- Anatomy of a Psycho on IMDb
- on YouTube
- Anatomy of a Psycho is available for free download at the Internet Archive
- Anatomy of a Psycho free online streaming
|This article about a crime thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|