|Birth name||Andrew Fraggs Bennett|
7 April 1986 |
|Genres||Electronic, pop, synthpop|
|Labels||Twenty20Sound, Toolroom Records, Python Records|
Andi Fraggs (born Andrew Fraggs Bennett in 1986, Merseyside, England) is a British multi-instrumentalist, singer-songwriter and music producer, currently performing under the mononym Fraggs. He has contributed to a number of internationally successful musical projects and his work has featured on television adverts and radio in the UK and US. Fraggs released his first solo single in 2010, and his debut album, Always First, followed in 2012 and included the popular single "Beautiful Feeling". He has performed at many notable venues around the UK and supported such artists as Toyah Willcox, Hazel O'Connor and Go West on their concert tours. In 2015, he took part in the national selections to represent Moldova at the Eurovision Song Contest with "One Song". His second album, Pure, was released in 2016.
Fraggs' music has been featured on such TV shows as HBO's Entourage, The Sunday Times's UK TV advert, ITV's Monaco Grand Prix coverage, Channel 5's Fashionista Diaries, and has been used in a major promotion for Bacardi, appearing on the popular Bacardi B-Live compilation. His first solo single, the double A-side "Addiction"/"November", was released in 2010 and became a number one pre-order single on Play.com. His next single "The Way I Feel" was presented at the international Midem music festival in France and released on the official companion compilation. In 2011, he won the VDR 'Best New Artist' prize and supported Toyah Willcox on her UK concert tours.
In summer 2012, the video for Fraggs' single "If It's Wrong" became his most popular released video online, accumulating over 100,000 views within two weeks on YouTube. His song "Beautiful Feeling", remixed by Massimo Paramour, became an 'Anthem of the Year' on Gaydar Radio as well as a Club Nation anthem. Andi performed in front of 18,000 people at Pride London in Trafalgar Square in 2013, and has so far performed to over 100,000 people in the UK at many leading entertainment venues including O2 Academy Islington, 100 Club and Bush Hall in London, Classic Grand in Glasgow, Concorde2 in Brighton, Cardiff Globe, Bristol Tunnels and many more. He has written a series of articles for an online magazine Polari and, in this field, has interviewed such known figures as Kate Pierson of The B-52's and Christina Crawford. Fraggs continued to tour the UK, both as a solo artist and supporting other musicians, including the band Go West.
In December 2014, Fraggs announced via social media that his song "One Song" had been shortlisted to represent the Republic of Moldova at the 60th Eurovision Song Contest in 2015. He stated that the song, featuring music by Fraggs and Massimo Paramour and lyrics by Fraggs, was written with the theme of 'building bridges' between nations and the 60th anniversary of Eurovision in mind. Fraggs took part in the Moldova national selections in January 2015 and appeared on major television and radio channels in Moldova and Romania. The song received strong public support, with more online poll votes than any other entry, but the jury stated that they were looking for a more traditional entry for Moldova and his song was eliminated. Andi has released music videos "Blue" and "I'll Still Be There", followed by the new single "Only the Moment" in January 2016. The songs appeared on his second album Pure, released in July 2016.
|"Fashion" (Koolwah feat. Andi Fraggs)||2007||Minimal Digital|
|"The Way I Feel"/"Broken Promises"|
|"If It's Wrong"||2012|
|"Rain Comes Soon"|
|"Only the Moment"||2016||Pure|
|Addiction Kit||2010||Limited collectors tin|
|The Music of Midem||2011||Compilation|
|Andi Fraggs||4-track CD|
|Mixed by Mas Ricado||Compilation|
|"The Way I Feel"|
|"If It's Wrong"|
|"Rain Comes Soon"|
|"I'll Still Be There"||2015|
|"Once More (With Feeling)"|
|"Only the Moment"||2016|
- 2011: From Sheep Farming to Anthem Tour (supporting Toyah Willcox)
- 2012: The Changeling Resurrection Tour (supporting Toyah Willcox)
- 2012: Beautiful Feeling Tour (supporting Toyah Willcox and Hazel O'Connor)
- 2013/14: Visions (Solo dates and supporting Go West)
- 2015: Eastern European Tour (Solo - TV and Radio)
- "Twenty20 Sound – Juno Records". www.juno.co.uk. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "50 songs lead to Chisinau!". www.eurovision.tv. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Andi Fraggs Interview - A Quality Review Speaks Volumes". www.lyricallucysmusicreview.com. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Interview: Andi Fraggs - Beige Magazine". www.beigeuk.com. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- "Club Nation Playlists - philmarriott.net". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Andi Fraggs, Author at Polari Magazine". www.polarimagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Andi Fraggs - I'm very excited to announce that my new song, Andi...". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Andi Fraggs - Always First at Discogs". www.discogs.com. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Pure by Andi Fraggs on iTunes". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2016-07-04.