|Full name||Andre Jay Green|
|Date of birth||26 July 1998|
|Place of birth||Solihull, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
Preston North End |
(on loan from Aston Villa)
|2018–2019||→ Portsmouth (loan)||6||(1)|
|2019–||→ Preston North End (loan)||2||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:46, 28 August 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 10:17, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
Andre Jay Green (born 26 July 1998) is an English professional footballer who plays as a winger for Preston North End on loan from Premier League club Aston Villa. He has represented England from under-16 to under-20 level.
Green joined Aston Villa at the age of nine and progressed through the club's academy. He made his club and Premier League debut on 13 March 2016, coming off the bench for Jordan Veretout in a 2–0 loss to Tottenham Hotspur. In doing so he became the fifth youngest player to ever represent the club, behind only Jimmy Brown, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Gareth Barry and Jonathan Bewers.
Following Aston Villa's relegation the season before, Green was linked with a move to host of Premier League clubs but opted to sign a new three-year contract with The Villans in August 2016. Green made his first league start for the club at home against Preston in January 2017. He scored his first goal for Aston Villa against Norwich City on 19 August 2017.
Loan to Portsmouth
After struggling with an injury that kept him out of much of the 2017–18 season, Green found it difficult to get into the Aston Villa first team and on 29 August 2018, he signed for Portsmouth on a season long loan, dropping down a division to League 1. He scored his first goal for Portsmouth in an EFL Trophy tie against Tottenham Hotspur Under 23s on 13 November 2018. On 5 January 2019, Green scored a last minute winner as Portsmouth won 1–0 to upset EFL Championship leaders Norwich City FC in the FA Cup third round at Carrow Road. On 17 January 2019, Green was recalled from his loan spell.
Return to Aston Villa
In January 2019, Green was recalled to Aston Villa. Portsmouth manager Kenny Jackett said that he believed that new Villa coach Dean Smith wanted to increased the quota of homegrown players in the squad. He first appearance back was against Hull City in a 2–2 draw. Green scored the third goal in a stunning comeback against Sheffield United at Villa Park, Sheffield United had a 3–0 lead with only 18 minutes, plus injury time remaining - before Villa scored three goals in quick succession with Green scoring in injury time.
Loan to Preston North End
On 1 August 2019, Green joined Championship side Preston North End on a season-long loan deal. On 13 August 2019, Green scored his first goal for the club on his first team debut against Bradford City in the EFL Cup. 
Green has represented England up to Under 20 level.
- As of matches played 28 August 2019.
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Aston Villa||2015–16||Premier League||2||0||0||0||0||0||—||2||0|
|2018–19 (loan)||Portsmouth||League One||6||1||2||2||0||0||4[a]||2||12||5|
|2019–20 (loan)||Preston North End F.C.||Championship||2||0||0||0||2||1||0||0||4||1|
- Appearances in EFL Trophy
- "Club list of registered players: As at 19th May 2018: Aston Villa" (PDF). English Football League. p. 2. Retrieved 16 June 2018.
- "Andre Green: Overview". Premier League. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- Evans, Gregg (13 March 2016). "How did Aston Villa debutant Andre Green describe his Premier League bow?". The Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- Stonehouse, Gary (14 February 2015). "'We are hurting and have to do better against Portugal'". The FA. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- Evans, Gregg (14 March 2016). "Aston Villa's Andre Green: A quick guide to the teenage debutant". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- Nightingale, Tom (9 August 2016). "Roberto di Matteo and Andre Green react after teenager signs new Aston Villa deal". HITC. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Aston Villa 4–2 Norwich". BBC. 19 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Green arrives on loan". Portsmouth F.C. 29 August 2018. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Portsmouth 3–2 Tottenham Under 21s". Portsmouth.co.uk. 13 November 2018. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "Green Returns to Villa". Portsmouth FC. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- Rooney, Will (17 January 2019). "Portsmouth boss reveals why Andre Green was recalled by Aston Villa". The Portsmouth News.
- "Andre Green: Preston North End sign Aston Villa's winger on season-long loan". BBC Sport. 1 August 2019. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Andre Green: Bradford City v Preston North End". BBC Sport. 13 August 2019. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- "Profile". The Football Association. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- Woodcock, Ian (27 May 2019). "Aston Villa 2–1 Derby County". BBC Sport. Retrieved 27 May 2019.