|Born||February 1, 1973|
Brooklyn, New York
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|High school||Bishop Loughlin Memorial|
(Brooklyn, New York)
|NBA draft||1995 / Undrafted|
|1999||Trotamundos de Carabobo|
|1999||Metropolitanos de Mauricio Baez|
|1999–2000||JDA Dijon Basket|
|2000||Trotamundos de Carabobo|
|2000–2001||JDA Dijon Basket|
|2001||Trotamundos de Carabobo|
|2001–2002||Paris Basket Racing|
Andre Riddick (born February 1, 1973) is a retired American professional basketball player. He is the ULEB Cup's All-Time Leader for rebounds (383), steals (116) and blocks (122) and also has the highest ULEB Cup percentage of blocks (2 blocks per game). He played for the University of Kentucky from 1991-1995.
Tenure at Kentucky
Nicknamed "The Rejector" Andre Riddick held the single season block record at 83 for Kentucky together with Melvin Turpin until it was broken by Anthony Davis in 2012, and he held the Kentucky single game block record of 9 together with Sam Bowie until it was broken by Nerlens Noel in 2013. A notoriously bad free throw shooter, the standard Riddick set has been invoked more than once when a Kentucky player had a bad night at the line. Riddick often performed a shuffle after he dunked the basketball.
Riddick and his Kentucky teammates made the NCAA Final Four in 1993. During Kentucky's 1995 NCAA tournament Elite Eight game against North Carolina, Riddick angrily confronted Rasheed Wallace after Wallace hit him with his elbow, resulting in a technical foul issued to Walter McCarty, a call hotly disputed by former Kentucky coach Rick Pitino.
- "Andre Riddick Basketball Player Profile, stats, biography, career - EUROBASKET". www.eurobasket.com. Archived from the original on February 2, 2010. Retrieved January 22, 2010.
- "Ex-Cat Andre Riddick is Still Dunking in Belgium". www.allkyhoops.com. April 22, 2010. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Update: The Anthony Davis Block Party". www.allkyhoops.com. April 22, 2010. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Kentucky Leaders in Blocked Shots by Season". bigbluehistory.net. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "UK basketball notes: Ole Miss player says Nerlens Noel as good as Anthony Davis". kentucky.com. January 30, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Mohammed haunted by missed free throws". Kentucky New Era. June 19, 1997. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "UK vs Bama - Stuff I saw". UK Sports Info. January 21, 2012. Archived from the original on February 16, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Kentucky Basketball Senior Day 1995 -- Andre Riddick". www.youtube.com. October 6, 2009. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Andre Riddick". O.A.S.I.S. Inc. Archived from the original on April 15, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Rasheed Wallace and Andre Riddick fight". www.youtube.com. March 24, 2011. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball player, coach, or other figure born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|