Andrea Maffei (architect)
Andrea Maffei is an Italian architect, born in Modena in 1968. He was associate director for the projects based in Italy by Arata Isozaki. Among these projects is the New exit for the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, which won first place in an international design competition launched in 1998. In 2005 he founded Andrea Maffei Architects, architecture office with headquarters in Brera (district of Milan), Italy. He is the co-designer with Isozaki of the New Town Library in Maranello, which was opened to the public in 2012; of the CityLife office tower in Milan (currently under construction and due to become, with its height of 207 meters, the tallest skyscraper in Italy); of the renovation of the Bologna Centrale railway station, due to be completed by 2016. Maffei was also the project architect for the Palasport Olimpico, designed by Arata Isozaki & Associates and built for the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin.
- CityLife office tower in Milan (Il Dritto), Italy (Arata Isozaki and Andrea Maffei)
- The New exit for the Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Italy - competition winner (Arata Isozaki and Andrea Maffei)
- The renovation of the Bologna Centrale railway station, Bologna, Italy - competition winner (Arata Isozaki and Andrea Maffei)
Publications by Andrea Maffei
Andrea Maffei (ed.), Toyo Ito: Works Projects Writing, Phaidon Press (2006).
- Godoli, Antonio; Arata Isozaki; Gae Aulenti; Mario Botta; Norman Foster; Vittorio Gregotti; Hans Hollein (1998). La Nuova Uscita Degli Uffizi: Progetti per Piazza Castellani. Florence: Gruppo Editoriale Giunti. ISBN 9788809217133.
- Locati, Gioia (25 September 2011). "Lo studio dove è nata la torre più alta che cambierà Milano". Il Giornale. Style Week (228): 27.
- Baglione, Chiara (June 2012). "Arata Isozaki, Andrea Maffei. Biblioteca Civica, Maranello". Casabella (814): 48–55.
- Follis, Manuel (3 April 2012). "Ecco come sarà la torre Generali". Milano Finanza (66): 11.
- De Magistris, Alessandro (July–August 2006). "Fabbrica di eventi". Casabella (746): 56–65.