Andrew E. Unsworth
Andrew E. Unsworth has been an organist for the Salt Lake Tabernacle since 2007. This includes being an organist for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, which is the principal resident musical organization there.
Unsworth holds a degree in organ performance and pedagogy from Brigham Young University, then earned master's and doctorate degrees from Duke University. From 2001 to 2006 he was the organist for the Cathedral of the Madeline in Salt Lake City. Prior to becoming a Tabernacle organist, Unsworth was an assistant professor of music history and organ at Stephen F. Austin State University.
Unsworth married Alison Giauque and they are the parents of five children. He is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), and was a missionary in the church's England London Mission.
- Unsworth, Andrew E. (2001). "Organ Pedagogy in Boston 1850-1900". The Tracker. Organ Historical Society, Westminster Choir College. 45 (3-4): 6–21.
- —— (September 29, 2001). Women as Professional Musicians: 'Lady Organists' in Nineteenth-Century America (Speech). Fall Meeting. East Carolina University: American Musicological Society, Southeast Chapter.
- —— (March 2002). "George E. Whiting, 19th-century Boston Organist". Newsletter of the American Musical Instrument Society: 76.
- —— (May 26, 2008). Opening Address (PDF) (Speech). Super Saturday. Madsen Recital Hall, Brigham Young University: Utah Valley Chapter of the American Guild of Organists.
- Thomerson, Kathleen (October 2010), "American Guild of Organists Announces Results and Prize Awards From The 2010 Professional Certification Examination Program", American Organist Magazine, 44 (10): 54
- Baker, Celia R. (September 7, 2011). "Cathedral of the Madeleine hosts organ concert series". The Salt Lake Tribune. Archived from the original on 2014-12-07.
- Clark, Cody (June 15, 2007). "Key Performer: Music professor joins full-time organ staff of Mormon Tabernacle Choir". The Daily Herald.
- Evans, Whitney (May 20, 2014). "Musical exchange allows for 'sharing of gifts' between Mormons, other faiths". Deseret News. Archived from the original on 2014-12-07.
- Mischel, Marie (August 15, 2014). "Concert in honor of the late Douglas Bush will showcase the Cathedral of the Madeleine organ". Intermountain Catholic. Roman Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City. Archived from the original on 2014-12-07.
- Packard, David (April 7, 2011), "Andrew Unsworth Fulfilling an Organist's Dream Job", LDS.org, LDS Church, retrieved 2014-10-22
- Rowley, Scott (June 2011). "AGO Chapter News - Region IX—Far West". American Organist Magazine. 45 (6): 29.
- Wadley, Carma (August 6, 2011). "Tabernacle organists serving a higher purpose". Deseret News.
- "New Tabernacle organist named". LDS Church News. April 14, 2007.
- "New Full-time Tabernacle Organist Appointed". Meridian Magazine. April 17, 2007. Archived from the original on 2014-10-22.
- "Appointment". The Tracker. 51 (3): 40. Summer 2007.
- "Organist for Tabernacle plays Sunday". Watertown Daily Times. October 21, 2008. Archived from the original on 2014-12-07.
- "April concerts to wrap-up DSC performance season". St. George News. April 17, 2012. Archived from the original on 2014-12-07.
- "Tabernacle Organist Andrew Unsworth to Perform in Richfield on February 7". The Wayne & Garfield County INSIDER. January 23, 2014. p. 2.
- "Andrew Unsworth", MormonTabernacleChoir.org, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, retrieved 2014-10-22
- Cathedral of the Madeline article about Unsworth being Tabernacle Organist
- Fulfilling an Organist's Dream 
|This article about an American musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|