He was born in London, and educated at St Paul's School and Trinity College, Cambridge. He was ordained in 1855. After a curacy at St Dunstan-in-the-West he was Vicar of All Saints, Mile End until 1866. and his appointment to New Zealand. He resigned in 1891 and died on 29 March 1895.
- "Nelson region - Arts, culture and science". Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- The Times, Thursday, Mar 29, 1866; pg. 9; Issue 25458; col G The Colonial Episcopate
- "Suter, Andrew Burn (STR849AB)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- Anglican Churches in Stepney, Middlesex
- The Times, Thursday, May 23, 1895; pg. 9; Issue 34584; col F Obituary The Rt Rev A.B. Suter
- Smith, Val (December 2015). "Biographical Sketch - Andrew Burn Suter (1830-1895)". New Zealand Botanical Society Newsletter (122): 14–15.
|Anglican Communion titles|
|Bishop of Nelson
Charles Oliver Mules
|This biographical article about a New Zealand religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|