||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genres||Electro-industrial, Industrial rock|
|Keyboards, Drums, Guitar, Violin|
Android Lust is the solo project of Shikhee D’iordna, that combines elements of rock, electropop, electro-industrial and classical styles into a blend of music that she describes as "electronic and dark."
Android Lust is just one person and the brainchild of musician Shikhee in the same vein as auteurs like Trent Reznor.
Her initial work was done entirely electronically, and attracted a goth/electropop/electro-industrial following.
After two independent label releases Shikhee released The Dividing on her own in 2002, bringing her to the attention of Projekt Records, who signed her and re-released the album. Outburn Magazine calls The Dividing "unconventional and adventurous - 10 out of 10" while the Boston Phoenix says "The Dividing never misfires; it feels almost - but not quite - slick, its arranging smart, its themes ingenious." Jane Magazine said "The Dividing is filled with intensely passionate lyrics delivered in low whispers and startling, penetrating screaming." That album involved more live instrumentation, on the album all performed by Shikhee. In the supporting tour she was joined by a live drummer and live keyboardist. She felt that, while dark it was a more optimistic collection than her earlier work, and that her fanbase had become more diversified.
Shikhee's third full-length album, Devour, Rise, and Take Flight, was released on February 21, 2006. "Dragonfly," the first single for the album, was released on October 18. The album featured more live instrumentation than The Dividing, but embraced a more aggressive electronic sound. This album also saw some creative collaboration with Christopher Jon, Android Lust's live drummer, who co-wrote one track with Shihkee, performed on other tracks and helped mix the album. Also in 2006, a video for "Dragonfly," was directed by New York director Dan Ouellette.
Her fourth album, The Human Animal, was made available at androidlust.com on July 22, 2010, with an official street date of August 10, 2010. 
Shikhee is now working on a new release.
- Studio albums
- Resolution (1998)
- The Dividing (2002)
- Devour, Rise and Take Flight (2006)
- The Human Animal (2010)
- Crater Vol. 1 (2013)
- Freedberg, Michael (2003). "Editor's Picks: Goth, not Goth". Boston Phoenix October 31 - November 6, 2003. Phoenix Media/Communications Group. Archived from the original on June 5, 2011. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- Fisher, Mark (2003). "Android Lust Interview". 1340 Magazine. Archived from the original on August 19, 2003. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- Yücel, Ilker (March 6, 2006). "ReGen Interviews - Android Lust - Divide and Devour". ReGen Magazine. Archived from the original on November 10, 2007. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Android Lust - Dragonfly". Android Lust. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Android Lust Website
- Android Lust Facebook Community
- Android Lust MySpace Community
- Android Lust @Vampirefreaks.com