This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Preceded by||Marek Sadowski|
|Succeeded by||Zbigniew Ziobro|
|Born||23 June 1936|
|Children||2, including Piotr Ibrahim Kalwas|
|Parents||Wilhelm Kalwas (father)|
Hana Kalwas (mother)
|Occupation||Politician, Businessman, Legal Adviser, Lawyer|
In 1963 he graduated from law studies at the University of Warsaw. He completed the apprenticeship at the State Commercial Arbitration, and in 1965 he started his career as a legal adviser. Since 1990, he has been the founder in the law firm of "Kalwas i wspólnicy".
In the periods 1989-1991 and 2002-2004 he was a member of the State Tribunal. He was also one of the founders of the Polish Chamber of Commerce. In 2004, he ran unsuccessfully in the elections to the European Parliament from the Warsaw list of the Voting Committee Together for the Future, formed by various non-governmental organizations.
On September 6, 2004, he was appointed by President Aleksander Kwaśniewski as the Minister of Justice in the government of Marek Belka, replacing Marek Sadowski. He served this function until the end of October 31, 2005.
On April 18, 2018, he was detained by officers of the Central Anticorruption Bureau in order to present him with charges as part of the investigation of persons claiming to be special services officers during the government of Civic Platform. He was released the next day on April 19, 2018.
Andrzej Kalwas was married to Hana Kalwas from 1950s till late 1990s. They have two children, Piotr Ibrahim Kalwas and Katarzyna Adamiak.
- "CBA zatrzymało byłego ministra w rządzie Belki. Sprawa "gangu przebierańców" | Polityka - Wiadomości Gazeta.pl". gazetapl (in Polish). Retrieved 2018-04-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andrzej Kalwas.|
- Kalwas: Jestem suwerenny i odporny na naciski, „Puls Biznesu” z 3 września 2004
- Skocz do góry↑ M.P. 1997 nr 12 poz. 94
- Skocz do góry↑ M.P. 2000 nr 5 poz. 99
- Skocz do góry↑ Członkowie samorządu radców prawnych odznaczeni. prezydent.pl, 27 September 2012. [date 28-09-2012].
- Skocz do góry↑ M.P. 2013 poz. 214
|This biographical article relating to law is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|