|Born||June 28, 1971|
|Education||B.A. Columbia University|
|Family||Jeffrey Blitz (brother)|
Andrew "Andy" Blitz (born June 28, 1971) is an American comedian, writer, producer and actor best known for his sketch comedy and writing work on the late-night talk show Late Night with Conan O'Brien. He has earned nine Emmy Award nominations.
Blitz was born in New York City and grew up in Ridgewood, New Jersey, where he attended Ridgewood High School, graduating as part of the class of 1989. He graduated from Columbia University in 1994. He began his work on Late Night in 1999. His best known sketches on the show include Andy traveling to India to NBC's computer help center to get his computer fixed, Conan and Andy hunting for an apartment in New York and Andy's inept, chanting sports fan. Since leaving Late Night, Blitz has worked as a writer, executive producer and guest actor on the Comedy Central series Review and worked as a writer and co-executive producer on the Netflix series Master of None. Blitz previously wrote for the Adult Swim series Eagleheart starring Chris Elliott, Maria Thayer and Brett Gelman. Blitz appeared in Season 4 of Arrested Development and the movie Table 19. He continues to perform stand-up comedy.
Late Night with Conan O'Brien characters
- Himself, Apartment hunting with Conan, Bringing his computer to India
- Awful Ballgame Chanter, whose long-winded rambling chants are used as examples of how not to chant
- Chuck Aloo, star of the "24" parody "60", each episode of which represents one second in a minute
- Leonard Diesel, Vin Diesel's Timid Brother
- One of the Slipnutz (also known as They Might Be Slipnutz), a comedy group of three men (Blitz, Jon Glaser, Brian Stack) who were inconveniently booked on the same show with Slipknot, (and later with They Might Be Giants). Their routine involves them slipping and sliding on nuts scattered on the floor. The Slipnutz also appeared on the program to promote their greatest-hits album, which included the songs "Old West Cowboys Slipping on Nuts" and "Viking Raiders Slipping on Nuts".
- An elections supervisor during the 2000 Florida election recount, who constantly yelled at election volunteers and told them "If you don't know who the person voted for, you put the ballot in the milk!"
- A participant on "Masturdate," a parody of dating shows.
- Kleimann, James. " Sketch Comedy Star Remembers Peculiar Ridgewood Childhood; On WTF Pod, Andy Daly talks why the high school football coach put out a 'hit' on him, his failed protests against student parking, and more.", Ridgewood Patch, August 28, 2012. Accessed September 5, 2017. "Ridgewood native and sketch comedy master Andy Daly appeared on WTF Podcast with Marc Maron on Monday, revealing a blisteringly funny time spent at Ridgewood High School in the 1980s.... The 1989 RHS grad was the proverbial busy body, active in extracurriculars like the TV club, as well as local government."