Andy Panayi is a British jazz musician, skilled in performance, composition and arranging. He plays all the flutes and all the saxophones and leads a selection of jazz and classical groups. He also writes commissioned works and self commissioned work for his own arranging, composing & transcribing business ALP Music.
British Jazz Scene
He's also worked alongside or supported many other leading musicians and groups including The Moscow City Ballet, Ronnie Scott & his Side-men, BBC Big Band, John Dankworth and Cleo Laine, Humphrey Lyttelton, Suzi Quatro, and others.
He now works with the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) as a consultant specialising in developing the Jazz syllabus for future examinations.
Panayi has won several awards during his career including; The Marty Paich Arranging Award, The John Dankworth Soloist Award, The Worshipful Company of Musicians Jazz Medal, British Jazz Awards for Jazz Flute.
- Annie Get Your Gun - 1986 London Cast - plays woodwinds in the album from the first London revival of Irving Berlin's musical Annie Get Your Gun, starring Suzi Quatro as Annie Oakley and Eric Flynn as Frank Butler
- "News from Blueport" - The Andy Panayi Quartet plays a tribute to Gerry Mulligan
- "Uschi's House" - Flux (Latin Jazz/House music CD) playing flutes & saxes
- "Blown Away" -The Andy Panayi Quartet - on Ronnie Scott's Jazz House A top 10 album of the year in the Jazz Journal of 2001
- "Whooeeee" - The Andy Panayi Quartet - on Mainstem Records featured as CD OF THE WEEK in The Observer.
- "Time Displaced" - The Andy Panayi Jazz Flute - on Mainstem Records featured as CD OF THE WEEK in The Observer.
- "First Night Records Online Store, Annie Get Your Gun - 1986 London Cast". first-night-records.co.uk. London, United Kingdom: First Night Records. Retrieved 10 June 2012.