|Occupation||Web and technology entrepreneur|
|Known for||Efficient Frontier (company)|
Anil Kamath is a web and technology entrepreneur. He is the founder of eBoodle.com and of Efficient Frontier. Kamath holds the patent on use of modern portfolio theory to the field of online advertising.
Personal life and education
Kamath worked at Bell Labs and did his PhD in the area of Mathematical optimization. Kamath used his PhD work in the area of optimization to build quantitative models for program trading at the hedge fund of D. E. Shaw & Co. Kamath later started Efficient Frontier (company) and applied the same portfolio optimization techniques to the area of online advertising. Kamath headed the algorithms and optimization work at Efficient Frontier until its acquisition by Adobe Systems. At Adobe, Anil Kamath runs the data science group and is responsible for Adobe's data science collaborations with universities and Adobe's digital marketing research awards program.
Before Efficient Frontier, Kamath founded eBoodle.com, an ecommerce company providing comparison shopping and digital wallet services, that was acquired by Bizrate (Shopzilla). At Bizrate, Kamath developed a contextual advertising product.
- "Method and apparatus for position bidding".
- "Publications of Anil Kamath".
- "Anil Kamath talks about Portfolio Based Bid Management".
- "Adobe to Acquire Efficient Frontier, Leading Digital Ad Buying and Optimization Platform".
- "Adobe Offers New Round Of Grants For Data Science Research".
- "Eboodle and Google team up to deliver powerful online shopping assistant".
- "Bizrate.com to acquire Eboodle.com".
- "Systems and methods for automatic identification and hyperlinking".