March 3, 1974 |
|Free Speech, Human Rights, Constitutional law,|
Anine Kierulf is a Norwegian lawyer and postdoctoral researcher at the Norwegian Centre of Human Rights at the University of Oslo Law School. Her research area is the evolution of national free-speech doctrines through judicial review, with a focus on the constitutional elements of the European Convention on Human Rights.
Kierulf holds a J.D. from the University of Oslo, an LL.M. from Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago and a PhD on the legitimacy of judicial review from the University of Oslo. She has worked as legal expert on free speech to the Council of Europe, a senior lawyer in the Norwegian law firm Schjødt, and a deputy judge at Ringerike City Court. She is member of the Norwegian Academy for Language and Literature, and on the board of the Norwegian branch of International Commission of Jurists (ICJ-Norge), Morgenbladet, the Council for DNT (Norwegian Trekking Association) Oslo og omegn and the Norwegian Cancer Society.
Anine Kierulf was awarded the 2013 "Voice of the Year" prize by the Norwegian paper Natt&Dag for being "an exemplary translator of legaleeze into the broader public debate, and for protesting against an insular and conflict-avoiding culture in academia". In 2015 she received the Norwegian Research Council’s Award for Excellence in Communication of Science for her "ability to explain complex problems simply, clearly and concisely".
Kierulf lives in Oslo with her husband, Rune Slagstad.
- Nytt Norsk Tidsskrift, pp. 256-277. Universitetsforlaget, 2009.
- Disputation: Anine Kierulf (11 November 2014)
- Natt&Dag: Vinnerne av Osloprisen (8 February 2014)
- Research Council awards to cancer researcher, lawyer and bioeconomy company (25 September 2015)
- Freedom of Speech Abridged?, Anine Kierulf and Helge Rønning (eds.) Nordicom, 2009 ISBN 978-91-89471-76-4
- Høyesterett og Knut Hamsun, Anine Kierulf and Cato Schiøtz Gyldendal, (2004)
- Taking Judicial Review Seriously - the Case of Norway, University of Oslo (2014), ISSN 1890-2375
- Anine Kierulf, homepage at the University of Oslo
- Registered publications in Cristin
- Portrait of Kierulf in Verdens Gang 11.7.2015 (paywall)
- Portrait of Kierulf in Dagens Næringsliv 23.1.2015
- Portrait in Klassekampen 9.10.2014
- Portrait in Apollon 4.8.2014
- Portrait in Natt&Dag 11.4.2014
- Portrait in Advokatbladet 2007