Born in Scotland, she is the daughter of a Supermarine Spitfire pilot, and youngest of three daughters. Frew was educated at an all-girls convent in Norwich (Sacred Heart of Jesus), before graduating from University of Strathclyde.
Since 2000 and based in London, she has become a non-executive director of various commercial organisations; as well as a pro bono non-executive director of various artistic organisations, including the Donmar Warehouse and the Gate Theatre.
Frew is a non-executive director of: Lloyds Banking Group; Aberdeen Asset Management; IMI plc; Ansbacher Holdings; Securities Trust of Scotland; Northumbrian Water; Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO; STOS plc; The City of London Investment Trust Plc; Archant; NXT Plc.
Frew has one son, who is a diplomat.
- "Anita Frew". IMI plc. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Board Directors". Victrex. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Anita Frew". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Two new directors join board". Archant. 17 September 2001. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Anita Frew". Business Week. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Non Executive Directors". Lloyds Bank. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Board Moves". Sunday Times. 21 November 2010. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Anita Frew". Aberdeen Asset Management. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
|This Scottish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|