Silk in November 2010
|Born||Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada|
|Alma mater||St. Thomas University|
|Known for||Bo on Lost Girl|
|Spouse(s)||Seth Cooperman (m. 2009)|
Silk was born in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. The daughter of Peter, an academic, and Ilkay Silk, a prominent actress, director, producer, playwright, educator, and Director of Drama at St. Thomas University. Her father is British and her mother a "Turkish-Cypriot-English expat". Some of Anna's earliest memories were of going to play rehearsals and watching her mother work. Silk appeared in several commercials as a child. She graduated from St. Thomas University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1997. Early theater work includes at least two productions with Theatre St. Thomas: Seven Menus and The Kitchen.
Silk moved to Toronto to further her acting career in November 1999, and during the following decade relocated to Los Angeles, California. She met her future husband, Seth Cooperman, at an actor's workshop in Los Angeles, in 2007. They were engaged in 2009, and married in a civil ceremony in December of the same year. On April 10, 2011, they renewed their vows in a Jewish ceremony in Fredericton after she converted to Judaism. Silk gave birth to a son, Samuel Jerome Cooperman, in May 2013. Her second son, Levi Aaron, was born on May 13, 2016.
In 2009, she landed the principal character role of Bo Dennis, a Succubus, in the Canadian television series Lost Girl. Silk became pregnant during production of the third season finale episode and broke the news to fans of the series in a Showcase pre-show Season Three special on January 6, 2013. On June 4, 2013, Showcase and Prodigy Pictures announced the start of production on the fourth season; and on June 20, 2013, Silk announced via Twitter that she was ready to return to work on the show.
Her portrayal of Bo together with Lauren (Zoie Palmer) as same-sex lovers on Lost Girl was named one of its all-time Favorite TV Couples by CNN (Cable News Network); and declared Top TV Couple of 2013 by E! Entertainment Television. As a result of the show's popularity, Silk has garnered a prominent online following on social media.
|2002||Confessions of a Dangerous Mind||Headset Woman (uncredited)|
|2005||Where the Truth Lies||Gina (uncredited)|
|2007||Do Not Bend||Catye||Short film|
|2007||Breakfast with Scot||Mia|
|1999||Daring & Grace: Teen Detectives||Sabrina||Episode: "1.112"|
|2003||Petits mythes urbains||Wife||Episode: "Sexes en eaux troubles"|
|2003||Mutant X||Asia||Episode: "Within These Walls"|
|2003||Missing||Marilyn Janacek||Episode: "Victoria"|
|2004||Dead Lawyers||Sonia Alexandropova||TV movie|
|2004||Puppets Who Kill||Sperm Bank Nurse||Episode: "Portrait of Buttons"|
|2004||Love Rules||Lynn Hopp||TV movie|
|2004||Anonymous Rex||Keri||TV movie|
|2005||Perfect Neighbor, TheThe Perfect Neighbor||Ashley Marin||TV movie|
|2006||Angela's Eyes||Sondra||Episode: "The Camera's Eye"|
|2006||Legacy of Fear||Kathleen Coyne||TV movie|
|2007||Jane Show, TheThe Jane Show||Kathy||Episode: "Shower Killer"|
|2007||'Til Death Do Us Part||Mindy Lohman||Episode: "Storage Unit Murder"|
|2007||Company, TheThe Company||Stella Bledsoe||TV miniseries|
|2007||Voicemail||Sandy||TV series short|
|2008||Ghost Whisperer||Haylie Wayne||Episode: "Big Chills"|
|2008||Billable Hours||Suzie||Episode: "Pigeon Lawyer"|
|2009–2010||Being Erica||Cassidy Holland||Episodes: "Everything She Wants", "The Importance of Being Erica", "Bear Breasts"|
|2010–2015||Lost Girl||Bo Dennis||Protagonist|
|2011||Republic of Doyle||Tania St. Croix||Episode: "St. John's Town"|
|2012||Lost Girl Finale Pre-Show||as self||Showcase TV special|
|2012||Top Chef Canada||as self||Episode: "Lights, Camera, Action!"|
|2013||Lost Girl ConFAEdential||as self||Showcase TV special|
|2013||Lost Girl: An Evening at the Clubhouse||as self||Showcase TV special|
Awards and nominations
|2009||Gemini Awards||Best Performance by an Actress in a Guest Role Dramatic Series||Being Erica||Nominated|||
|2015||Canadian Screen Awards||Fan’s Choice Award||Lost Girl||Won|||
|Golden Maple Awards||Best Actress in a TV Series Broadcasted in the US||Nominated|||
- "NBFC E-news". NB Film Coop. February 19, 2009. Retrieved March 14, 2010.[permanent dead link]
- Rea, Darren (August 12, 2011). "ANNA SILK (BO) - LOST GIRL". Sci-fi-online.
- Yeo, Debra (September 9, 2010). "Adrift in the world of the fae". Toronto Star. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "Ilkay Silk". Connections. St. Thomas University. February 15, 2010.
- Stewart, Laverne (May 2, 2009). "Extraordinary ability". The Daily Gleaner. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "A few words from those who know her well". The Daily Gleaner. May 2, 2009. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Campus News (June 10, 2009). "Familiar Face: Anna Silk's Acting Career Takes Flight". St. Thomas University. Retrieved March 14, 2010.
- "The Canadian Movie Database". Northernstars.ca. 2010. Archived from the original on October 12, 2007.
- Davenport, Kellie. "2Profile: Lost Girl's Anna Silk & Hubby". 2 For Couples.
- Cohen, Mike (August 23, 2011). "TV's Lost Girl converts to Judaism". Jewish Tribune. Archived from the original on September 25, 2012. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Kennedy, John R. (May 3, 2013). "'Lost Girl' star Anna Silk welcomes baby boy". Global News. Shaw Media Inc.
- "2009 Gemini Nominees Announced". Press+1. August 31, 2009. Archived from the original on November 11, 2013.
- Stewart, Laverne (August 26, 2009). "Actor lands role in series". The Daily Gleaner. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Rankin, Andrew (August 29, 2011). "Lost Girl found its star in Fredericton's Anna Silk". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Shen, Maxine (January 31, 2012). "'Lost Girl' star Anna Silk on being Bo: a Q&A". The New York Post.
- Landau, Emily (February 2013). "The Erotic Education of Anna Silk: the Lost Girl star on playing a bisexual succubus". Toronto Life Magazine. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014.
- Bourdeau, Annette (January 8, 2013). "'Lost Girl' Anna Silk Pregnant: Actress Shares Pregnancy Details". The Huffington Post.
- Hooper, Kirk (January 3, 2013). "Lost Girl ConFAEdential – Sunday at 8, Right Before the Premiere!". Showcase Blog: Lost Girl. Shaw Media.
- "Prodigy Pictures Inc".
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 4, 2013). "'Lost Girl' Begins Production on Season Four". TVbytheNumbers.
- Anna Silk @Anna_Silk (June 20, 2013). "Get ready cause here I come #LostGirl". Twitter.
- Jancelewicz, Chris (July 23, 2013). "Anna Silk Baby: 'Lost Girl' Star Reveals Family Photos, Season 4 Details (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS)". The Huffington Post.
- Hanks, Henry (February 14, 2013). "From 'New Girl' to 'I Love Lucy:' our favorite TV couples". CNN. Turner Broadcasting System.
- Mullins, Jenna (February 14, 2013). "2013 TV's Top Couples: Thousands Voted! And the Winner Is..." E! Entertainment Television. NBCUniversal Cable. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- "Awards Database". academy.ca. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Anna Silk wins the Academy Fan's Choice Award". academy.ca. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Golden Maple Awards Nominees Revealed". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Silk.|