Silk in November 2010
January 31, 1974 |
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
|Alma mater||St. Thomas University|
|Known for||Bo on Lost Girl|
|Spouse(s)||Seth Cooperman (2009- )|
Anna Silk (born January 31, 1974) is a Canadian actress recognized throughout Canada for playing Deb, an overstressed flight attendant attempting to quit smoking in the Nicoderm nicotine patch TV commercials. Silk became popularly known for her role as Bo, the protagonist of the Showcase supernatural drama television series, Lost Girl.
Silk was born in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. The daughter of Peter, an academic, and Ilkay Silk, a prominent actress, director, producer, playwright, educator, and Director of Drama at St. Thomas University. Her father is British and her mother a "Turkish-Cypriot-English expat". Some of Anna's earliest memories were of going to play rehearsals and watching her mother work. Silk appeared in several commercials as a child.
Silk moved to Toronto to further her acting career in November 1999, and during the following decade relocated to Los Angeles, California. She met her future husband, Seth Cooperman, at an actor's workshop in Los Angeles, in 2007. They were engaged in 2009, and married in a civil ceremony in December of the same year. On April 10, 2011, they renewed their vows in a Jewish ceremony in Fredericton after she converted to Judaism. Silk gave birth to a son, Samuel Jerome Cooperman, in May 2013.
Silk's television work includes the role of Cassidy Holland in Being Erica, for which she received a 2009 Gemini Awards nomination as "Best Performance by an Actress in a Guest Role, Dramatic Series." In 2009, she landed the principal character role of Bo Dennis,  a Succubus, in the Canadian television series Lost Girl. She found out she was pregnant during production of the third season finale episode of Lost Girl, and broke the news to fans of the series in a Showcase pre-show Season Three special on January 6, 2013. In February of 2013, her portrayal of Bo together with Lauren (Zoie Palmer) as same-sex lovers on Lost Girl was declared Top TV Couple of 2013 by E! Online. On June 4, 2013, Showcase and Prodigy Pictures announced the start of production on the fourth season of Lost Girl; and on June 20, 2013, Silk announced via Twitter that she was ready to return to work on the show. 
Silk's feature-film roles include that of Grace, one of the assassins in the 2013 film Assassins Tale.
|2002||Confessions of a Dangerous Mind||Headset Woman (uncredited)|
|2005||Where the Truth Lies||Gina (uncredited)|
|2007||Do Not Bend||Catye||Short film|
|2007||Breakfast with Scot||Mia|
|1999||Daring & Grace: Teen Detectives||Sabrina||Episode: "1.112"|
|2003||Petits mythes urbains||Wife||Episode: "Sexes en eaux troubles"|
|2003||Mutant X||Asia||Episode: "Within These Walls"|
|2003||Missing||Marilyn Janacek||Episode: "Victoria"|
|2004||Dead Lawyers||Sonia Alexandropova||TV movie|
|2004||Puppets Who Kill||Sperm Bank Nurse||Episode: "Portrait of Buttons"|
|2004||Love Rules||Lynn Hopp||TV movie|
|2004||Anonymous Rex||Keri||TV movie|
|2005||Perfect Neighbor, TheThe Perfect Neighbor||Ashley Marin||TV movie|
|2006||Angela's Eyes||Sondra||Episode: "The Camera's Eye"|
|2006||Legacy of Fear||Kathleen Coyne||TV movie|
|2007||Jane Show, TheThe Jane Show||Kathy||Episode: "Shower Killer"|
|2007||'Til Death Do Us Part||Mindy Lohman||Episode: "Storage Unit Murder"|
|2007||Company, TheThe Company||Stella Bledsoe||TV miniseries|
|2007||Voicemail||Sandy||TV series short|
|2008||Ghost Whisperer||Haylie Wayne||Episode: "Big Chills"|
|2008||Billable Hours||Suzie||Episode: "Pigeon Lawyer"|
|2009–2010||Being Erica||Cassidy Holland||Episodes: "Everything She Wants", "The Importance of Being Erica", "Bear Breasts"|
|2010–2015||Lost Girl||Bo Dennis||Protagonist|
|2011||Republic of Doyle||Tania St. Croix||Episode: "St. John's Town"|
- "NBFC E-news". NB Film Coop. February 19, 2009. Retrieved March 14, 2010.
- Leong, Melissa (June 1, 2010). "Global Fall Preview: A fairy tale come true for the NicoDerm girl". National Post.
- Rea, Darren (August 12, 2011). "ANNA SILK (BO) - LOST GIRL". Sci-fi-online.
- Yeo, Debra (September 9, 2010). "Adrift in the world of the fae". Toronto Star. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "Ilkay Silk". Connections. St. Thomas University. Winter · February 15, 2010. Check date values in:
- Stewart, Laverne (May 2, 2009). "Extraordinary ability". The Daily Gleaner. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "A few words from those who know her well". The Daily Gleaner. May 2, 2009. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Campus News (June 10, 2009). "Familiar Face: Anna Silk's Acting Career Takes Flight". St. Thomas University. Retrieved March 14, 2010.
- "The Canadian Movie Database". Northernstars.ca. 2010.
- Davenport, Kellie. "2Profile: Lost Girl's Anna Silk & Hubby". 2 For Couples.
- Cohen, Mike (August 23, 2011). "TV's Lost Girl converts to Judaism". Jewish Tribune. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Kennedy, John R. (May 3, 2013). "‘Lost Girl’ star Anna Silk welcomes baby boy". Global News. Shaw Media Inc.
- "2009 Gemini Nominees Announced". Press+1. August 31, 2009.
- Stewart, Laverne (August 26, 2009). "Actor lands role in series". The Daily Gleaner. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Rankin, Andrew (August 29, 2011). "Lost Girl found its star in Fredericton's Anna Silk". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Shen, Maxine (January 31, 2012). "'Lost Girl' star Anna Silk on being Bo: a Q&A". The New York Post.
- Landau, Emily (February 2013). "The Erotic Education of Anna Silk: the Lost Girl star on playing a bisexual succubus". Toronto Life Magazine.
- Bourdeau, Annette (January 8, 2013). "'Lost Girl' Anna Silk Pregnant: Actress Shares Pregnancy Details". The Huffington Post.
- Hooper, Kirk (January 3, 2013). "Lost Girl ConFAEdential – Sunday at 8, Right Before the Premiere!". Showcase Blog: Lost Girl. Shaw Media.
- "Top TV Couple of 2013". E! Online (E! Entertainment Television). 2013. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- "Prodigy Pictures Inc.".
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 4, 2013). "'Lost Girl' Begins Production on Season Four". TVbytheNumbers.
- Anna Silk @Anna_Silk (June 20, 2013). "Get ready cause here I come #LostGirl". Twitter.
- Jancelewicz, Chris (July 23, 2013). "Anna Silk Baby: 'Lost Girl' Star Reveals Family Photos, Season 4 Details (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS)". The Huffington Post.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Silk.|
- Anna Silk at the Internet Movie Database
- Official Facebook page
- Anna Silk on Twitter
- Connections (Fall 2004). "Bedford Academy Gathering Toronto - Nov. 17, 2004" (PDF). St. Thomas University. p. 9. Retrieved October 28, 2007.