Stroyberg in a promotional image from Blood and Roses circa 1960
|Born||Annette Susanne Strøyberg
7 December 1936
|Died||12 December 2005
|Years active||1959 - 1965|
|Spouse(s)||Roger Vadim (1958-1960; 1 child)
Gregory Callimanopulos (divorced; 1 child)
? (divorced; 1 child)
Annette Strøyberg was born on 7 December 1936 in Rynkeby, Denmark, and is related to Danish actress Camilla Soeberg as the cousin of Camilla's mother. Prior to 1958, Stroyberg appeared as a cover girl, most notably in an advertisement for Tuborg beer. In 1958, aged 21, she appeared in the film Les bijoutiers du clair de lune, directed by Roger Vadim, starring Gérard Philipe and Jeanne Moreau. During this production, she and Roger Vadim, a recent divorcé from Brigitte Bardot, fell in love and married on 17 June 1958. They gave birth to Nathalie Vadim, who went on to be a film director.
Strøyberg and Vadim divorced in 1960. Having lived with Vittorio Gassman for a couple of years, and had liaisons with Alain Delon, Omar Sharif and Warren Beatty, Stroyberg married a French Moroccan, enrolled at the Sorbonne and divided her time between Paris and north Africa. When this marriage ended, she married a Greek shipping magnate, Gregory Callimanopulos, and settled in America. In February 1986, former husband Vadim published Bardot, Deneuve, Fonda -- My Life With the Three Most Beautiful Women in the World, a book about Vadim's relationships in which Stroyberg is written as passing "in and out of the other four lives" such that the there is at least as much in the book about Stroyberg as the three women named in the book title. After the break-up of her relationship with Callimanopulos in the early 1990s, she returned to Europe, living in Paris and Copenhagen, where she was part of the circle around Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik. She had three children, one from each of her marriages.
- Les liaisons dangereuses (1959)
- Blood and Roses (1960)
- I Don Giovanni della Costa Azzurra (1962)
- Lo scippo (1963)
- Annette Stroyberg (December 20, 2005), "Obituary: Annette Strøyberg", Liverpool Daily Post: 13, retrieved 26 January 2014
- William Arnold (8 June 1994), "Danish Superstar Returns To Acting After 'Having A Life'", Seattle Post-Intelligencer: C1
- Jean-Luc Douin (17 December 2005), "Annette Stroyberg", Le Monde: 37, retrieved 26 January 2014
- Marian Christy (23 April 1986), "'Mr. Kiss and Tell'", Boston Globe: 61, retrieved 26 January 2014
- John-Thor Dahlburg (12 February 2000), "Roger Vadim, 72; French Filmmaker And Romancer", Los Angeles Times, retrieved 26 January 2014
- Bill Cosford (8 May 1986), "Beauties And The Beast", Miami Herald: 1B, retrieved 26 January 2014
- Ronald Bergan (21 December 2005), "Annette Stroyberg - Sensuous film actor unsuited to the role of Brigitte Bardot", The Guardian, retrieved 26 January 2014
- "Annette Stroyberg". The Times. 17 December 2005. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
|This article about a Danish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|