|Former Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
15 November 1957 |
Unnao, Uttar Pradesh
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Spouse(s)||Late Shri Sandeep Tandon|
|Profession||Business, Social worker|
Tandon is the founder director of the Hriday Narain Dhawan Charitable Trust, which has been active in philanthropy in the district since before 2000. The charity, funded mostly through family funds, has worked in education, and gathered attention for innovative projects like helping children of illiterate parents with their homework. The charity also works with weaker groups like widows and the handicapped. She was also associated with Rehabilitation wing of the Congress party.
She has a B.Sc. degree from Dayanand Subhash National Post Graduate College, Unnao.
She is the widow to Late Sandeep Tandon, who was a top liaison executive of Reliance Industries Ltd. Before joining Reliance in 1994, he was with the Indian Revenue Service. As an officer of the Enforcement Directorate, Tandon had investigated foreign front companies floated by Reliance, and also conducted a raid on the house of Tina Ambani.
In the Indian general election in Uttar Pradesh, 2014, Annu Tandon was again fielded as a candidate by the Congress. Unnao is India's largest electoral constituency, and in the previous general elections in 2009, Annu Tandon had won the seat for Congress. Annu Tandon lost the 2014 elections from Uanno badly - she was 4th in the election results barely retaining her deposits at 16% votes. After Congress' resounding defeat in 2014 elections, Annu refused to blame Congress leadership for the debacle.
In the Indian general election in Uttar Pradesh, 2009, Annu Tandon was fielded as a novice political candidate by the Congress. Unnao is India's largest electoral constituency, and in the previous general elections in 2004, Congress had come up fourth here, and the seat had been won by the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP). During the elections, many prominent personalities including film star Salman Khan campaigned for her.
Career and Controversies
She has served as a member on the Committee of Water Resources and that on Empowerment of Women in 2009 when she was part of the 15th Lok Sabha. In the year 2007, MoTech then led by her was under scrutiny for insider trading by regulator SEBI. In 2012, Arvind Kejriwal had alleged Annu Tandon of stashing away black money in Swiss Bank for Relianace with investment banker Praveen Kumar  - however, Anu Tandon had denied these allegations.
- Detailed Profile - Smt. Annu Tandon - Members of Parliament (Lok Sabha) - Who's Who - Government: National Portal of India Archived 14 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- In Unnao, Cong puts a spoke in SP, BSP wheels - Express India Archived 30 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Hindu : Front Page : The curious case of Annu Tandon
- Queen Bees set off buzz in UP - Express India Archived 30 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine
- "In biggest LS constituency, Congress climbing on candidate's corporate ladder". Indian Express. 2009-04-28. Retrieved 2013-07-18.
- दिल्ली में होगी भारत-आसियान शिखर बैठक
- Annu Tandon's declarations for 2014 elections
- We fought the elections with 19th century ideas
- www.outlookindia.com | Your MP... Mrs MLA
- Insider trading cloud on firms linked to Anand Jain, Annu Tandon - Business Standard
- Kejriwal's allegations
- Annu Tandon's Denial