|Edited by||Valerie P. Hans|
|History||2005–present, 18 years old|
Annual Reviews (US)
|ISO 4||Annu. Rev. Law Soc. Sci.|
The Annual Review of Law and Social Science is a peer-reviewed academic journal that publishes an annual volume of review articles relevant to the interconnection of law, culture, social structure, and society. It was established in 2005 and is published by Annual Reviews. Its current editor is Valerie P. Hans.
The Annual Review of Law and Social Science was first published in 2005 by nonprofit publisher Annual Reviews. Its inaugural editor was John L. Hagan. As of 2021, it is published both in print and electronically. He was followed by Robert J. MacCoun (2018-2021). MacCoun was succeeded by Valerie P. Hans, who is listed as editor as of the 2022 issue.
Scope and indexing
The Annual Review of Law and Social Science defines its scope as covering significant developments in the field of law. Its reviews examine the interconnections of law, culture, social structure, and society. Most volumes include a prefatory chapter in which a prominent scholar in the field reflects on their careers and experiences. As of 2023, Journal Citation Reports lists the journal's 2022 impact factor as 2.4, ranking it as 23rd out of 152 journal titles in the category "Law" and 59thj of 149 titles in "Sociology". It is abstracted and indexed in Scopus, Social Sciences Citation Index, IBZ Online, Criminal Justice Abstracts, Political Science Complete, and Academic Search, among others.
The Annual Review of Law and Social Science is helmed by the editor or the co-editors. The editor is assisted by the editorial committee, which includes associate editors, regular members, and occasionally guest editors. Guest members participate at the invitation of the editor, and serve terms of one year. All other members of the editorial committee are appointed by the Annual Reviews board of directors and serve five-year terms. The editorial committee determines which topics should be included in each volume and solicits reviews from qualified authors. Unsolicited manuscripts are not accepted. Peer review of accepted manuscripts is undertaken by the editorial committee.
List of editors
Current editorial board
As of 2022, the editorial committee consists of the editor and the following members:
- "Journal Impact Factors". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 19 July 2022.
- Hagan, John (1 December 2005). "Preface by John Hagan". Annual Review of Law and Social Science. 1 (1): annurev.ls.1.110105.100001. doi:10.1146/annurev.ls.1.110105.100001. Retrieved 25 January 2022.
- "Expected Publication Dates". Annual Reviews. 11 January 2021. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- MacCoun, Rob (13 October 2018). "Introduction". Annual Review of Law and Social Science. 14 (1): v. doi:10.1146/annurev-ls-14-081718-100001. ISSN 1550-3585.
- "Annual Review of Law and Social Science, Current Editorial Committee". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 24 January 2022.
- "Annual Review of Law and Social Science". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "Annual Review of Law and Social Science". MIAR. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "Editorial Principles and Policies". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "Information for Unsolicited Authors and Reviewers". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 18 January 2021.