|Founded||Sydney, New South Wales (2005)|
|Headquarters||Sydney, New South Wales|
Sydney-based ansarada was founded in 2005 by Andrew Slavin, its chief technology officer, Sam Riley, chief executive, Rachel Riley, chief financial officer and Daphne Chang. The company is named after the first two letters of the founder's first names.
The four founders and some employees continue to own about 80 percent of the company with a group of investment bankers and lawyers owning the remaining 20 percent. ansarada does not disclose its sales and profits.
Its charitable donations include those to The Smith Family (charity) Christmas Appeal 2011, The Sick Children’s Trust (UK), Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation and the Centre for Eye Research Australia.
ansarada software engineers created a mobile application that enabled participants who fund raised for the Cerebral Palsy Alliance to track and update their steps during the "September" fundraising appeal.
ansarada launched an M&A game in January 2014 to appeal primarily to investment bankers looking to express their competitive sides in a risk-free setting, the New York Times reported. Ten hours after the games release it had attracted about 1,000 users who had played it over 3,300 times, according to the New York Times.
"Deal-making is not that glamorous when you're stuck at the end of the day," Sam Riley was quoted by the New York Times as saying. "People should lighten up and have a bit of fun."
In 2012 Sam Riley was named as the New South Wales Young Exporter of the Year.
- "M&As out of the clouds". In The Black, itbdigital.com. 1 June 2011.
- "Online exports". Dynamic Export. 24 June 2011.
- "Excursion Permission Slip" (PDF). Villawood North Public School. 26 August 2013.
- "A Game For Would-Be Dealmakers". New York Times Dealbook. 16 January 2014.
- "Best Places to Work 2014". Business Review Weekly. 2014.
- "2014 NSW Architecture Awards". Architecture AU. 2014.
- "ansarada/Those Architects". Arch Daily. 2014.
- "50 Most Innovative Companies 2013". Business Review Weekly. 2013.
- "Premier's NSW Export Awards 2013". Export Council of Australia. 2013.
- "ansarada CEO Sam Riley Named Young Exporter of the Year". PR Web. 15 October 2012.