|Founders||Andrew Slavin (CTO)
Sam Riley (CEO)
Rachel Riley (CFO)
|Headquarters||Sydney, New South Wales|
Number of employees
ansarada is a global provider of data rooms for merger and acquisition (M&A) due diligence. ansarada are also the creators of the world’s first M&A video game, which since it was launched in January 2014, has had more than 138,000 sessions, with total screen views amounting to 9.5 million.
Their data rooms enable the hosting, exchange, and management of confidential information between bidders and sellers during the M&A process through their Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. ansarada has offices in Sydney, London, New York and Chicago, as well as employees working from Asia, Africa and continental Europe.
Sydney-based ansarada was founded in 2005 by Andrew Slavin, its chief technology officer, Sam Riley, chief executive, Rachel Riley, chief financial officer and Daphne Chang. The company is named after the first two letters of the founder's first names.
The four founders and some employees continue to own about 80 percent of the company with a group of investment bankers and lawyers owning the remaining 20 percent. ansarada does not disclose its sales and profits.
ansarada data rooms are designed for user friendly interaction whose administration and bulk action features make it easy to upload, secure and disclose documents in corporate finance transactions.
Their data rooms auto number documents, have search and bulk download features, and have Q&A features, whilst additionally allowing downloaded documents to be tracked and destroyed.
ansarada provides 24/7 customer support, with its clients services group advising on data room set up and queries via telephone or email.
The company also works with a broad range of clients across the globe, from the world’s biggest investment banks to leading boutique corporate advisory firms around the world.
A selection of ansarada’s clients include:
Its charitable donations include those to The Smith Family (charity) Christmas Appeal 2011, The Sick Children’s Trust (UK), Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation and the Centre for Eye Research Australia.
ansarada software engineers created a mobile application that enabled participants who fund raised for the Cerebral Palsy Alliance to track and update their steps during the "September" fundraising appeal.
ansarada launched an M&A game in January 2014 to appeal primarily to investment bankers looking to express their competitive sides in a risk-free setting, the New York Times reported. Ten hours after the games release it had attracted about 1,000 users who had played it over 3,300 times, according to the New York Times.
"Deal-making is not that glamorous when you're stuck at the end of the day," Sam Riley was quoted by the New York Times as saying. "People should lighten up and have a bit of fun."
In 2012 Sam Riley was named as the New South Wales Young Exporter of the Year.
- "Stakes Rise With Launch of the ansarada M&A Game 2.0". Venture Capital Post. 14 July 2014.
- "Ansarada Seeks to Revolutionize M&A". Wallstreet.org. 22 January 2015.
- "Online exports". Dynamic Export. 24 June 2011.
- "Excursion Permission Slip" (PDF). Villawood North Public School. 26 August 2013.
- "A Game For Would-Be Dealmakers". New York Times Dealbook. 16 January 2014.
- "Best Places to Work 2014". Business Review Weekly. 2014.
- "2014 NSW Architecture Awards". Architecture AU. 2014.
- "ansarada/Those Architects". Arch Daily. 2014.
- "50 Most Innovative Companies 2013". Business Review Weekly. 2013.
- "Premier's NSW Export Awards 2013". Export Council of Australia. 2013.
- "ansarada CEO Sam Riley Named Young Exporter of the Year". PR Web. 15 October 2012.