Antariksham 9000 KMPH
|Antariksham 9000 KMPH|
|Directed by||Sankalp Reddy|
|Produced by||Saibabu Jagarlamudi|
Radha Krishna Jagarlamudi
Y. Rajeev Reddy
|Written by||Sankalp Reddy|
Aditi Rao Hydari
|Music by||Prashanth R Vihari|
|Cinematography||Gnana Shekar V. S.|
|Edited by||Prawin pudi|
First Frame Entertaiments
|Budget||₹25 crore (US$3.5 million) - |
|Box office||₹30 crore (US$4.2 million)|
Antariksham 9000 KMPH is a 2018 Indian Telugu-language science fiction adventure film written and directed by Sankalp Reddy. The film stars Varun Tej, Aditi Rao Hydari and Lavanya Tripathi. The first look of the film was released on India's Independence Day, 15 August 2018. The teaser was released on 17 October 2018. The trailer was released on 9 December 2018. The film was released on 21 December 2018. The film will be dubbed in several languages. This film was regarded as the first space-based Telugu science fiction film. The film received mixed reviews from critics, praising the performances of the lead actors Varun Tej, Aditi Rao Hydari, and Lavanya Tripathi.
The film begins with a satellite moving into the darker side of moon, and the crisis that one of the Indian satellites, Mihira has lost connection with the Space Station and is losing its speed. This would lead to a collision with another Chinese satellite and would lead to chain reaction resulting in a communication blackout across the world. The system codes to make any repairs is known only to Dev (Varun Tej) - a passionate scientist at the station. Dev had quit the Space station five years ago - and this story forms a flashback. He is in love with the Station Director Chandrakanth's (Rahman) daughter, Paaru (Lavanya Tripathi) who is a school teacher. he passionately works on Viprayaan a satellite that will give data about water in the moon. There is a glitch in the satellite after its takeoff and Dev drives to the space station to set it right along with his fiancee. He loses control of the car in his hurry to give information and drive and loses both the satellite and his fiancée. This breaks him and he quits his job. He is now needed to fix Mihira and he comes back after five years from his life as a school teacher to go into space as part of the mission and fixes the critical glitch with the help of Riya (Aditi Rao Hydari), his colleague. He is also able to collect data from the satellite Viprayaan which has now been traced by NASA.
- Varun Tej as Dev
- Aditi Rao Hydari as Riya
- Lavanya Tripathi as Parvathi/Paaru
- Satyadev Kancharana as Karan and Aditya (Dual role)
- Rahman as ISC director ChandraKanth and Parvathi's father
- Srinivas Avasarala as Mohan
- Kunal Kaushik as Kunal
- Raja Chembolu as Sanjay
- Tharakesh as Dev's brother
- Pavani Gangireddy
Principal photography of the film began on 19 April 2018. The shooting of the film was completed on 1 October 2018. Many scenes of the film were shot in zero-gravity sets in Hyderabad. Some crucial scenes were shot in Mahindra École Centrale, which will stand in for Indian Space Research Organisation in the film.
|Antariksham 9000 KMPH|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||15 December 2018|
|Producer||Prashanth R Vihari|
|Prashanth R Vihari chronology|
|1.||"Samayama"||Ananta Sriram||Yazin Nizar, Harini||4:06|
|2.||"Palukave"||Ananta Sriram||Anurag Kulkarni||2:50|
|3.||"Telipo Telipo"||Ananta Sriram||Manisha Eerabathini||2:54|
|4.||"Dheemaga"||Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry||Benny Dayal, Anurag Kulkarni||4:46|
|5.||"The Spirit Of Antariksham 9000KMPH Theme"||Prashanth R Vihari||3:04|
Neeshita Nyayapati of The Times of India stated that Antariksham is unnecessarily melodramatic and gave the film 2.5 stars. Sangeetha Devi of The Hindu praised the production values of the film.
The film released on 21 December 2018.
- "Antariksham 9000 KMPH". British Board of Film Classification.
- "Varun Tej on Antariksham 9000 KMPH: We have given our best within our limited budget". The Indian Express. 24 December 2018. Archived from the original on 24 December 2018. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- "Antariksham movie first look". Times of India.
- "From Jayam Ravi's Tik Tik Tik to Varun Tej's Antariksham, space genre earns mainstream acceptance in southern cinema". Archived from the original on 28 October 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Aditi Rao Hydari: Cinema has no boundaries". Archived from the original on 18 October 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "First look of Antariksham 9000 kmph revealed, Varun Tej's space film looks out of this world". Archived from the original on 17 October 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Antariksham 9000 KMPH Teaser: A promising & thrilling space-adventure on the cards". The Times of India. 17 October 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "Over 3M views for Varun Tej, Aditi Rao Hydari and Lavanya Tripathi's Antariksham trailer in no time". Archived from the original on 12 December 2018. Retrieved 11 December 2018.
- "Varun Tej's space-thriller Antariksham 9000 KMPH wraps up its shoot". Archived from the original on 8 November 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Varun Tej's 'Antariksham' is Tollywood's first space movie". Archived from the original on 18 October 2018. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Varun Tej Antariksham Story Revealed - Telugu Bullet". Telugu Bullet. Archived from the original on 19 November 2018. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- "Antariksham 9000 KMPH Songs". 15 December 2018. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- "Anhariksham 9000 KMPH Movie Review". Archived from the original on 22 December 2018. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "Antariksham 9000kpmh: A mixed bag". The Hindu. Retrieved 20 July 2019.