This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anthony (Tex) Doughty (born 30 July 1963 in Crawley, Sussex, England) is an English rock musician. He was a member of a number of punk bands in the late 1970s, including Peroxide Romance, X-Ray Spex, The Outpatients and The Moors Murderers. In 1986, he and Dave Parsons joined fellow musicians Wendy James and Nick Sayer to form Transvision Vamp in which he adopted the pseudonym Tex Axile (a pun on tax exile). After they split up, Doughty joined a band called Max with Matthew Ashman, Kevin Mooney, John Reynolds and John Keogh in which he played keyboards. They released a Trevor Horn produced album, Silence Running in 1992.
Keogh died soon after the release, and Ashman followed a couple of years later. Doughty continues to release solo albums on his own record label.
Doughty also has a number of acting credits to his credit, including appearing in the film, I Hired a Contract Killer with Joe Strummer and Nicky Tesco, as well as appearing with Michael Clarke in Hail The New Puritan.
With Transvision Vamp
- "Revolution Baby" (1987)
- "Tell That Girl to Shut Up" (1988) (UK No. 45, US No. 87, AUS #44)
- "I Want Your Love" (1988) (UK No. 5, AUS No. 7, SA #1)
- "Revolution Baby" (re-issue) (1988) (UK No. 30, AUS #24)
- "Sister Moon" (1988) (UK No. 41, AUS #95)
- "Baby I Don't Care" (1989) (UK No. 3, AUS #3)
- "The Only One" (1989) (UK No. 15, AUS #30)
- "Landslide of Love" (1989) (UK No. 14, AUS #70)
- "Born to Be Sold" (1989) (UK No. 22, AUS #108)
- "Child of the Age" (1989) Exclusive track on free Record Mirror 7" single.
- "(I Just Wanna) B with U" (1991) (UK No. 30, AUS #16)
- "If Looks Could Kill" (1991) (UK No. 41, AUS #56)
- The Complete 12"ers Collection Vol. 1 (1990, MCA Records)
- Mixes (1992, MCA Records)
- Kiss Their Sons (1998, Universal Records)
- Baby I Don't Care (2002, Spectrum Music)
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 564. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Australian (ARIA) singles chart peaks:
- Top 50 peaks: "australian-charts.com > Discography Transvision Vamp". Hung Medien. Archived from the original on 5 September 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- "Sister Moon" and "Landslide of Love": "Response from ARIA re: chart inquiry, received 2014-01-17". Imgur. Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- Top 100 peaks from January 1990: Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988-2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "Born To Be Sold": "Response from ARIA re: chart inquiry, received 2015-07-15". Imgur. Archived from the original on 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- Alex Ogg – No More Heroes – A Complete History of UK Punk from 1976–1980 – Cherry Red books