From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Antistatic devices)
Antistatic devices reduce static electricity, which can damage electrical components such as computer hard drives, and even ignite flammable liquids and gases. Types of antistatic devices include:
- Antistatic bag, used to contain devices, such as graphics cards or hard disk drives, typically during shipping.
- Antistatic garments, used in many industries such as electronics, communications, telecommunications and defense applications.
- Antistatic agent, compound used for treatment of materials or their surfaces in order to reduce or eliminate buildup of static electricity
- Antistatic mat, ranging from small mats for keyboards and mice and larger for people to stand on.
- Antistatic strap, consisting of a metal component which presses against the skin when worn on the wrist or heel, in turn relayed to an electrical ground.
- Static bar, a piece of equipment used for removing static electricity from a production line.
- "What is antistatic device?". www.computerhope.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "How do anti-static products work? - Explain that Stuff". www.explainthatstuff.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
|This electronics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|