Bibeau warming up during his NHL debut on December 11, 2016
May 1, 1994 |
Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|San Jose Sharks
San Jose Barracuda (AHL)
Toronto Maple Leafs
|NHL Draft||172nd overall, 2013
Toronto Maple Leafs
Antoine Bibeau (born May 1, 1994) is a Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender who is currently under contract to the San Jose Sharks organization of the National Hockey League (NHL). Bibeau was selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 6th round (172nd overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Bibeau played in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) from 2011 to 2014, where in his final year of major junior hockey he led the Val-d'Or Foreurs to capture the 2014 President's Cup and was recognized for his outstanding play when he was awarded the Guy Lafleur Trophy as the QMJHL Playoffs Most Valuable Player.
Bibeau was recalled on December 1, 2015 after the Leafs demoted goalie Jonathan Bernier to the Marlies for conditioning. Fellow rookie goalie Garret Sparks was recalled as well when James Reimer went on IR.
Following the demotion of Maple Leafs backup Jhonas Enroth in December 2016, Bibeau was recalled by the team to serve as backup to starting goaltender Frederik Andersen. He made his NHL debut on December 11, in a match up against the Colorado Avalanche. Despite a solid performance by both Bibeau and the team, where they recorded 52 shots to Colorado's 29, the Maple Leafs would lose 3–1.
At the completion of his entry-level contract with the Maple Leafs, Bibeau was surprisingly not tendered a qualifying offer as a restricted free agent on June 26, 2017. On July 1, 2017, Bibeau as a free agent signed a one-year, two-way contract with the San Jose Sharks.
|2013–14||Val d'Or Foreurs||QMJHL||22||13||7||1||1267||64||1||3.03||.900||24||16||8||1476||69||1||2.80||.913|
|2016–17||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||2||1||1||0||121||4||0||1.98||.927||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|Guy Lafleur Trophy - QMJHL Playoffs MVP||2013–14|||
|Hap Emms Memorial Trophy - Memorial Cup Most Outstanding Goaltender||2014|||
|CHL Memorial Cup All-Star Team||2014|||
- "Antoine Bibeau Backstops Val-D'or to QMJHL Championship | The LeafsNation". theleafsnation.com. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- "Maple Leafs sign goaltender Antoine Bibeau to entry-level contract | Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- "Bibeau solid in debut, but Leafs can't solve Colorado: DiManno". Toronto Star. Torstar. December 11, 2016. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- "Bibeau, Griffith not qualified by Leafs, will becom UFA's". Sportsnet.ca. 2017-06-26. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Sharks sign Goaltender Antoine Bibeau". San Jose Sharks. 2017-07-01. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Foreurs’ Bibeau wins Guy Lafleur Trophy | The Q News". theqnews.net. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- "Oil Kings shock heavily-favoured Storm to win Memorial Cup | MEMORIAL CUP | Hock". torontosun.com. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- "Memorial Cup All-Star Teams". Memorial Cup. 2014-05-28. Archived from the original on January 7, 2016. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey goaltender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|