The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mangalore, Karnataka, India
|Occupation||Film director, composer, lyricist|
|Relatives||Nirup Bhandari (brother)|
Anup Bhandari is an Indian film director, composer and lyricist who works primarily in Kannada cinema. Software engineer-turned-short filmmaker and now debutant Kannada film director Anup Bhandari seems to have charted out his career graph well in advance. He was born in Mangaluru to director Sudhakar Bhandary and Rathna Bhandari, raised in Mysuru and has worked in the US, but hopes to settle down in Bengaluru. Anup holds an Engineering degree from Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering & Technology (VVIET), Mysuru. His directorial début mystery thriller Kannada movie Rangitaranga has been critically acclaimed. Anup also wrote the lyrics and composed music for the movie. He has four more movies in pipeline. His other works include a short movie "Words" for which cinematography was done by Lance Kaplan.
|2015||RangiTaranga||Nirup Bhandari||Radhika Chetan and Avantika Shetty||Also writer, music director, and lyricist |
Playback singer for "Akka Pakka"
IIFA Utsavam 2015 Best Picture
IIFA Utsavam 2015 Best Director
IIFA Utsavam 2015 Best Music Director
IIFA Utsavam 2015 Best Lyrics
63rd Filmfare Awards South Best Film
63rd Filmfare Awards South Best Director
63rd Filmfare Awards South Best Music Director (nominated)
5th SIIMA Awards Best Film (nominated)
5th SIIMA Awards Best Debut Director
5th SIIMA Awards Best Music Director (nominated)
5th SIIMA Awards Best Lyricist
|2018||Rajaratha||Nirup Bhandari||Avantika Shetty||Also writer, music director |
Playback singer for "Mundhe Banni"
|2018||Rajaratham||Nirup Bhandari||Avantika Shetty||Telugu Debut|
- Christopher, Kavya (31 May 2015). "It's hard to away from my family: Anup Bhandari - Times of India". The Times Of India. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "RANGITARANGA - Bengaluru International Film Festival". engaluru International Film Festival. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Srinivasan, Latha (13 October 2015). "'RangiTaranga' director Anup Bhandari talks about his debut Kannada film completing 100 days | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". DNA India. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Rangitaranga Crew".
- "It's hard to be away from my family: Anup Bhandari". The Times of India.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash (7 July 2016). "'RangiTaranga' director Anup Bhandari set to announce the title of his next film". International Business Times, India. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Anup Bhandari's Next Titled As Rajaratha". Film Beat. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash (11 July 2016). "'Rajaratha:' Ravichandran, Juhi Chawla reveal the title of 'RangiTaranga' director Anup Bhandari's next film on 'Dancing Stars 3'". International Business Times. Retrieved 25 August 2016.