|EP by Hellhammer|
|Released||8 March 1984
1990 (1990 re-release)
|Recorded||2–7 March 1984|
|Studio||Caet Studio in Berlin, Germany|
27:03 (1990 re-release)
|Producer||Tom Warrior, Martin Ain, Karl U. Walterbach|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||1/10|
The record was a major influence on the then-emerging death metal and black metal genres. It has served as an inspiration to such varied and respected bands as Napalm Death and Sepultura, both of whom recorded cover versions of "Messiah".
Hellhammer would split up only three months after recording this EP, and later regrouped as Celtic Frost. Th EP would be reissued six years later as Apocalyptic Raids 1990 A.D., boasting new artwork and two bonus tracks.
|Original 1984 release|
|1.||"Third of the Storms (Evoked Damnation)"||Tom G. Warrior||2:55|
|3.||"Triumph of Death"||Warrior||9:30|
|4.||"Horus/Aggressor"||Warrior, Martin Eric Ain||4:27|
|1990 re-release added tracks|
|5.||"Revelations of Doom"||Warrior, Ain||2:49|
Tracks 5 and 6 were originally part of the now out-of-print Death Metal (1984) compilation.
Original 1984 release
- Hellhammer – producers
- Horst Mueller – engineer
- Thomas Fischer – cover design, frontcover drawing "The Sitting Death" (© 1984)
- Mr. Jeckyl – heptagram
- Burzelbar – pix
Apocalyptic Raids 1990 A.D.
- Tom G. Warrior – vocals, guitar, backing vocals
- Martin E. Ain – bass, cover design
- Bruce Day – drums
- Horst Müller – engineer, mixing
- Julia Schechner – layout
- José Posada – illustrations
- Karl U. Walterbach – executive producer
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 156. ISBN 978-1894959315.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Napalm Death - Leaders Not Followers, Pt. 2 review". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Loftus, Johnny. "Sepultura - Revolusongs review". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Fischer, Thomas Gabriel (2000). Are You Morbid?: Into the Pandemonium of Celtic Frost. London, UK: Sanctuary. p. 80. ISBN 978-1860743108.
- Warrior, Thomas Gabriel (1990). "The Macabre Existence of Hellhammer". Apocalyptic Raids 1990 A.D. (CD booklet). Hellhammer. Berlin, Germany: Noise Records. p. 2. N 0008-3.
- Rodriguez de Sá, José Felipe; Ganem Fernandes, Ermelinda (2015). "Simbolismo místico e anticristão em Apocalyptic Raids do Hellhammer". Diversidade Religiosa (in Portuguese). 1 (2): 4. ISSN 2317-0476. Retrieved 2017-01-28.