|Directed by||A. S. A. Sami
|Produced by||M. Somasundaram|
|Written by||Mu. Karunanidhi|
|Screenplay by||A. S. A. Sami|
|Story by||Mu. Karunanidhi|
|Starring||M. G. Ramachandran
M. N. Nambiar
|Music by||G. Ramanathan|
|Edited by||G. D. Joshi
N. P. Sarathi
Jupiter Pictures (Pvt) Ltd.
|Distributed by||Jupiter Pictures (Pvt) Ltd.|
Arasilangkumari is a Tamil language film starring M. G. Ramachandran, Padmini and Rajasulochana in the lead roles. The film, produced by M. Somasundaram under Jupiter Pictures banner, had a score written by G. Ramanathan and was released on 1 January 1961. A. S. A. Sami, who directed the major portion, was replaced by editor-turned-director A. Kasilingam, who completed the film. The film is an adaptation of the 1952 Hollywood film, Scaramouche. The film did not run well. It was under production for a long time and was released very much delayed and the result was poor run. 
Arivazhagan (M.G. Ramachandran) and his sister Anbukarasi (Padmini). Anbukarasi falls in love with Vetrivelan (M.N. Nambiar), who is commander-in-chief of the royal army, but he tells Anbukarasi and Arivazhagan that he is just an ordinary citizen of the kingdom and marries Anbukarasi. Arivazhagan leaves on a mission after his sister’s marriage. After some time, Vetrivelan deserts his wife and child and returns to the palace. He starts plotting against the royal family. How his plans are set at nought by the hero and how his wife fights for him against her own brother form the rest of the film.
- M. G. Ramachandran as Arivazhagan
- Padmini as Anbukarasi
- M. N. Nambiar as Vetrivelan
- K. A. Thangavelu
- Sandow M. M. A. Chinnappa Thevar in Guest Appearance
- R. Nagendra Rao
- S. A. Ashokan as Manimara Bhoopathi
- R. Muthuraman as Pulikesi
- T. A. Madhuram
- M. Saroja
- Producer: M. Somasundaram
- Production Company: Jupiter Pictures (Pvt) Ltd.
- Director: A. S. A. Sami & A. Kasilingam
- Music: G. Ramanathan
- Lyrics: Pattukottai Kalyanasundaram, Kannadasan, Ku. Ma. Balasubramaniam, K. S. Gopalakrishnan, E. Ra. Pazhanisamy & Muthukoothan
- Story: Mu. Karunanidhi
- Screenplay: A. S. A. Sami
- Dialogues: Mu. Karunanidhi
- Art Direction: A. K. Sekhar & T. V. S. Sharma
- Editing: G. D. Joshi, M. Kannan & N. P. Sarathi
- Choreography: P. S. Gopalakrishnan
- Cinematography: P. Dattu & P. Ramasamy
- Songs Recording: E. I. Jeeva & R. Kannan
The music was composed by G. Ramanathan. Lyrics by Pattukottai Kalyanasundaram, Kannadasan, Ku. Ma. Balasubramaniam, K. S. Gopalakrishnan, R. Pazhanichami & Muthukoothan. Playback singers are T. M. Soundararajan, Seerkazhi Govindarajan, S. C. Krishnan, P. Leela, P. Suseela, K. Jamuna Rani, S. Janaki & Soolamangalam Rajalakshmi.
The song "Setthaalum Unnai Naan Vida Maatten" was not included in the film, because N. S. Krishnan died during the making and was replaced by a different actor. The song Aav Aaahaav En Aasai Purave Aav by P. Suseela also did not take place in this film.
|1||Chinna Payale Chinna Payale||T. M. Soundararajan||Pattukottai Kalyanasundaram||03:39|
|2||Etramunnaa Etram||T. M. Soundararajan & Seerkazhi Govindarajan||03:11|
|3||Kandi Kadhirkamam ... Kazhugumalai Pazhanimalai||Seerkazhi Govindarajan||01:58|
|4||Nandhavanatthil Or Aandi||T. M. Soundararajan||00:54|
|5||Setthaalum Unnai Naan Vida Maatten||N. S. Krishnan & S. C. Krishnan||03:32|
|6||Thillaalangadi Thillaalangadi||P. Suseela||Kannadasan||03:32|
|7||Thaaraa Avar Varuvaaraa||S. Janaki||Ku. Ma. Balasubramaniam||03:36|
|8||Oorvalamaaga Maappillai Pennum||Soolamagalam Rajalakshmi, T. M. Soundararajan & P. Suseela||R. Pazhanichami||02:19|
|9||Atthaane Aasai Atthaane||P. Leela||K. S. Gopalakrishnan||02:10|
|10||Thoondiyile Maattikkittu Muzhikkudhu||K. Jamuna Rani, Seerkazhi Govindarajan & S. C. Krishnan||Muthukoothan||02:39|
|11||Aav Aaahaav En Aasai Purave Aav||P. Suseela||Udumalai Narayana Kavi||03:23|
- "Arasilangkumari Release". mgrblog. Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- "Arasilangkumari". spicyonion. Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- "Arasilangkumari Reviews". the hindu. Archived from the original on 10 September 2013. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Arasilangkumari Records". mrgblog. Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- G. Neelamegam. Thiraikalanjiyam - Part 2 (in Tamil). Manivasagar Publishers, Chennai 108 (Ph:044 25361039). First edition November 2016. p. 14.
- "Arasilankumari 1961 -- Sethalum Unnai Naan Vida Matten". youtube. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Arasilankumari 1961 -- Aav ... Aav ... En Aasai Purave Aav". youtube. Retrieved 2016-10-21.