(Redirected from Ardashir)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ardeshīr, Ardashīr, or Ardashēr may refer to:
Throne name of several rulers
- Artaxerxes, the Old Persian name from which Ardeshir is descended, the name of several emperors of the Achaemenid Empire
- Ardashir I, r. 224–241, founder of the Sassanid Empire
- Ardashir II, r. 379–383, son of Hormizd II and successor of Shapur II "the Great"
- Ardashir III, r. 628–630, the youngest of the Sassanid kings
- Ardashir Orontid, Armenian King from the Orontid Dynasty
- Ardashir I (Bavandid ruler) (Ardashir I of Mazandaran), ruler of the Bavand dynasty
- Ardashir II (Bavandid ruler) (Ardashir II of Mazandaran), ruler of the Bavand dynasty
- Ardeshir Cowasjee (born 1926), Pakistani journalist
- Ardaseer Cursetjee (1808–1877), the first Indian elected a Fellow of the Royal Society
- Ardeshir Godrej (1868–1936), Indian inventor and engineer
- Ardeshir Hosseinpour (1962–2007), Iranian scientist
- Ardeshir Irani (1886–1969), Indian Irani screen-writer and director
- Ardeshir Kamkar (born 1962), Iranian musician
- Ardeshir Mohasses (1938–2008), Iranian illustrator
- Ardeshir Furdorji Sohrabji (1897–1990), Indian cricket commentator
- Ardeshir Tarapore (1923–1965), Indian soldier, Param vir chakra recipient
- Ardeshir Zahedi (born 1928), Iranian diplomat
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ardeshir.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.