|Meaning||"white", "clear" 
|Region of origin||South Asia|
Arjun (Devanagari: अर्जुन arjuna, Hindi pronunciation: [ɐrˈdʒʊn]) is an Indian male given name, based on Arjuna, a legendary hero who is an archer in central character of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. Arjuna had four other brothers, who were Yudhishthira, Bhima, Nakula, Sahadeva, and Karna. Their father Pandu had a curse that he would die if he ever approached a woman with the intent of making love because he unintentionally killed a sage and his wife.
Notable persons with the name
- Arjun (Firoz Khan), actor, born as Firoz Khan, who played the role of Arjuna in B.R. Chopra's TV series Mahabharat
- Arjun Bijlani, television actor and model
- Arjun Kapoor, movie actor
- Arjun Rampal, fashion model and movie actor
- Arjun Sarja, actor from south India, who works predominantly in Tamil films.
- Allu Arjun, Indian actor of Telugu films
- Arjun (singer), (real name Arjun Coomaraswamy), British-Sri Lankan singer-songwriter, and producer known by his mononym Arjun
- Arjun Munda, chief minister of the Indian state of Jharkhand
- Arjun Appadurai, a contemporary social theorist
- Arjun Atwal, professional golfer
- Arjun Janya Indian film score and soundtrack composer and singer, mainly scoring music for Kannada films
- Arjuna Ranatunga, former Sri Lankan cricketer, now a politician.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|