Arturo Tedeschi (born 24 April 1979) is an Italian architect, computational designer and writer. He's the founder and creative director of the architecture practice and design consulting A>T which promotes a new kind of algorithmic-based design. His design approach includes techniques such as Algorithms-Aided Design (AAD), CNC milling, robotic milling, 3D printing, artificial intelligence, virtual reality.
Arturo Tedeschi started his career in 2004, combining professional practice in Italy with a personal research on algorithms-aided design, focusing on relationships between architecture and emerging technologies. In 2010 he published Architettura Parametrica, a technical book on computational design translated into English as Parametric Architecture with Grasshopper. In the same year he worked at Zaha Hadid Architects in London. in 2011 he founds the office A>T starting an intense activity both as a designer and consultant for leading firms and industries (architecture, furniture, fashion, shoes, automotive). Among his projects: NU:S Installation at Chiostro Del Bramante (Roma, 2012), Parametric Shoes (Roma, 2012) a project that pushed the boundaries of 3D printing applied to fashion design, The CloudBridge (2013), Ilabo Shoes with Ross Lovegrove (Milano, 2015), In-Formation with Ross Lovegrove (Koln, 2017), Needle Watch (2017), Transmission at Victoria and Albert Museum with Ross Lovegrove (London, 2017), Fessura wall system (Milano, 2017), Alcantara Corner Lounges for Audi with Lovegrove and Colombo (Milano, 2017), Oyster Chair (Milano, 2018). In 2014 he published AAD Algorithms-Aided Design, a reference book on algorithmic modelling based on the Grasshopper platform. In 2019 he has been appointed Italian Design Ambassador for the Sydney Design festival within the Italian Design Day 2019
Since 2011 Arturo Tedeschi has been an invited lecturer at universities and conferences worldwide. He taught and lectured at Architectural Association School of Architecture in London, ISCTE-IUL Lisbon, University of Sydney, Dubai Institute of Design and Innovation, University of Edinburgh, IUAV Venezia, University of Arkansas Rome Center. He's currently a consultant and lecturer at Politecnico di Milano.
- 2014 AAD Algorithms-Aided Design, Parametric Strategies using Grasshopper, Edizioni Le Penseur, ISBN 978-88-95315-30-0
- 2011 Parametric Architecture with Grasshopper, Edizioni Le Penseur, ISBN 978-88-95315-10-2
- 2010 Architettura Parametrica – Introduzione a Grasshopper (II edizione italiana), Edizioni Le Penseur, ISBN 978-88-95315-08-9
- 2010 Architettura Parametrica – Introduzione a Grasshopper (I edizione italiana), Edizioni Le Penseur, ISBN 978-88-95315-04-1
- "This Cloud-Like Bridge Was Created With an Algorithm". WIRED. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Hadid and Van Berkel create 3D-printed United Nude shoes". Dezeen. 2015-04-13. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Furniture Design Meets Virtual Reality With OYSTER Chair". VRFocus. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- Tedeschi, Arturo (2010). Architettura parametrica. Introduzione a Grasshopper (in Italian). Le Penseur. ISBN 9788895315041.
- Tedeschi, Arturo (2011). Parametric Architecture with Grasshopper: Primer. Le Penseur. ISBN 9788895315102.
- "Il Nautilus prende casa in af(phi)tto a Roma". Archilovers. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "FORMAKERS – FM Interviews / Arturo Tedeschi". www.formakers.eu (in Italian). Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "A>T Designs Parametric "Cloudbridge"". ArchDaily. 2013-11-06. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "presS/Tletter". presS/Tletter (in Italian). Retrieved 2018-09-29.
- "Manifattura additiva: la calzatura di Ross Lovegrove tra architettura e moda". Architetto.info (in Italian). 2016-10-19. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Parametric Needle Watch by Arturo Tedeschi Looks Designed by Humans – 3D Printing Media Network". 3D Printing Media Network. 2017-05-02. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Ross Lovegrove installs 21-metre-long fabric snake in V&A tapestry room". Dezeen. 2017-09-16. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Arturo Tedeschi". YourStory. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Alcantara Corner Lounges – Interni Magazine". Interni Magazine (in Italian). 2017-03-23. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Virtually Sculpted Chairs : the oyster chair". TrendHunter.com. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- Tedeschi, Arturo; Andreani, Stefano (2014). AAD Algorithms-aided Design: Parametric Strategies Using Grasshopper. Le Penseur Publisher. ISBN 9788895315300.
- "Inside Italian Design: Beyond the Glossy Cover Image". iicsydney.esteri.it. Retrieved 2019-02-27.
- "Rome – AA Visiting Schools". www.aaschool.ac.uk. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "What's On?". EUSAS. Retrieved 2019-04-17.