Arup Ratan Choudhury
|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2012)|
|Arup Ratan Choudhury|
|Native name||অরুপ রতন চৌধুরী|
January 23, 1952 |
Sylhet, East Bengal (now Bangladesh)
|Alma mater||Sylhet Government Pilot High School
Dhaka Medical College
State University of New York
|Years active||1975 – Present|
Arup Ratan Choudhury (born 23 January 1952) is a Bangladeshi dental specialist and media personality. He is currently the head and senior consultant at the Department of Dentistry, Bangladesh Institute of Research and Rehabilitation for Diabetes, Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders (BIRDEM).
Choudhury was born in January 23, 1952 in Sylhet. He passed S.S.C. exam from Sylhet Government Pilot High School in 1968 and H.S.C. exam from Jagannath College University in 1970. He completed his Bachelor of Dental Surgery in 1975 from [[Dhaka Dental College and Hospital
|Dhaka Dental College]] under University of Dhaka. He received Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from University of Dhaka in 2000. He received fellowship in Dental Public Health under World Health Organization Fellowship Program 1983–1984, London University, UK and Post Doctoral Research Fellow, 1992–1993 at Department of Oral Biology & Pathology, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York (SUNY) at Stony Brook, New York City. He became the Fellow of International College of Continuous Dental Education (FICCDE) in 2003 and Fellow of International congress on Oral Cancer (FICOOC) in 2005.
||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (September 2012)|
- 1986– 2001: Consultant, Department of Dentistry, Bangladesh Institute of Research & Rehabilitation in Diabetes, Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders (BIRDEM) Dhaka, Diabetic Association of Bangladesh November 15, 1988 to September 30, 1992 and October 20, 1993 to February 28, 2001.
- 2001–present: Professor, Head & Senior Consultant, BIRDEM Hospital and Ibrahim Medical College and National Medical College.
- 1987–present: Founder President, Association For the Prevention of Drug Abuse (MANAS) Government approved & supported N.G.O. Recipient of WHO Medal and Certificate.
- 1987– Visiting Scholar-International Visitors Program (IVP) on Drug Abuse sponsored by United States Information Agency (USIS), USA.
- 2008–present: Member, National Board of Drug Control, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- 1984–1987: Assistant Professor, Department of Dentistry, Institute of Post Graduate Medicine & Research (IPGM&R), Dhaka Bangladesh.
- 1976–present: Programmer and Presenter on Health Education Programs National in Mass Media (News paper, Radio, Television). Speaker in Public seminars and short film maker (Main focus on Drug Abuse, Anti-smoking,) for TV Serial.
- 1981–1982: Dental Surgeon, Dhaka Dental College & Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 1980–1981: Dental Surgeon, M.A.G. Osmani Medical College, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- 1977: Asstt. Dental Surgeon, Tangail Sador Hospital.
- 1976: Dhaka Dental College Hospital, In- Service Trainee.
- 1977–1980: Lecturer & Dental Surgeon, Sir Salimullah Medical College & Mitford Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 1977–1980: Honorary Dental Consultant, Dhaka Children's Hospital (Shishu Hospital) Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- "Tobacco or Health" from World Health Organization (WHO) (1998)
- Atish Dipankar Gold Medal by Atish Dipankar Golshana Parishad (2000)
- Ekushey Padak (2015)
Choudhury is the member of:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- International Diabetes Federation Congress (IDF)
- International Association for Dental Research (IADR)
- Diabetes Association of Bangladesh (DAB)
- Bangladesh Dental Society of North America
- Bangladesh Dental Society.
- Bangla Academy (National Academy of Cultural Activities & Language).
- Bangladesh Association for Dental Education & Research (BADER)
- American Biographical Institute (ABI).