Arya Kanya Gurukul
The school have been visited by dignitaries like Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Dr. Radhakrishnan, Giani Zail Singh, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, Smt. Indira Gandhi, Shri Morarji Desai, Shri Rajiv Gandhi, Smt. Sonia Gandhi and more recently, the President Mrs. Pratibha Patil. The school was set up in 1936 by Gujarati industrialist and philanthropist, Shri Nanji Kalidas Mehta, the founder of Mehta Group. His association with Gandhiji and inspiration he got from Arya Samaj leaders culminated into founding of the school. Nanji Kalidas was deeply influenced by Mahatma Gandhi and principle of Arya Samaj and he therefore made foundation stone of Gurukul to be laid by a Harijan girl, a revolutionary step in those times.
The school complex is set amidst 90 acre sylvan surroundings.
- Education for women's empowerment:gender-positive initiatives in pace-setting women's colleges
- The President Visits Arya Kanya Gurukul in Porbandar
- Singhvi, Dr L. M. (2012). Light of Indian Intellect. Prabhat Prakashan. pp. 168–169. ISBN 9788184301250. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- ARYA KANYA GURUKUL,JUBILEE ROAD, PORBANDAR
-  The rise and fall of philanthropy in East Africa: the Asian contribution By Robert G. Gregory.
- Indiresan, Jaya (2002). Education for women's empowerment: gender-positive initiatives in pace-setting women's colleges. Konark Publishers. p. 306. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
-  Rajasthan & Gujarat handbook: the travel guide By Robert Bradnock, Roma Bradnock.
-  India:a handbook of travel by P.B.Roy, 1975
|This article about a school in Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|