|Successor||Informa (Taylor & Francis)|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Publication types||Books, academic journals|
|Imprints||Gower Publishing, Lund Humphries|
Ashgate Publishing was an academic book and journal publisher based in Farnham (Surrey, United Kingdom). It was established in 1967 and specialised in the social sciences, arts, humanities and professional practice. It had an American office in Burlington, Vermont, and another British office in London. It is now a subsidiary of Informa (Taylor & Francis).
The company had two imprints: Gower Publishing published professional business and management titles, and Lund Humphries, originally established in 1939, publishes illustrated art books, particularly in the field of modern British art. In March 2015, Gower unveiled GpmFirst, a web-based community of practice allowing subscribers access to more than 120 project management titles, as well as discussions and articles relevant to business and project management.
In July 2015, it was announced that Ashgate had been sold to Informa for a reported £20M, and Lund Humphries was relaunched as an independent publisher in December 2015. By February 2016, the independent imprints of Ashgate became part of the Routledge imprint.
- "Ashgate Publishing Ltd". Booknews.co.uk. Archived from the original on 29 November 2005. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Publisher: Ashgate Publishing Ltd, Aldershot, Hampshire, United Kingdom - Publishing company profile | PublishersGlobal.com". www.publishersglobal.com. Retrieved 28 May 2020.
- "Ashgate Publishing Company - Ashgate Publishing Company - Burlington - Vermont (VT) - USA". Kellysearch.com. 6 July 2012. Archived from the original on 6 September 2004. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Gower Publishing". Gowerpublishing.com. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Lund Humphries". Lund Humphries. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "GpmFirst". Archived from the original on 26 April 2015. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Ashgate Acquired by Informa (Taylor & Francis)". ashgate.com. Archived from the original on 2 October 2015. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Informa pays £20m for Ashgate Publishing". The Bookseller.
- "Lund Humphries relaunches as indie publisher". The Bookseller.
- Official website (archive)