Assaad W. Razzouk
Assaad W. Razzouk
Razzouk in 2012
|Nationality||Lebanon, United Kingdom|
|Alma mater||Syracuse University|
|Occupation||CEO of Sindicatum|
Assaad Razzouk is the Group Chief Executive Officer of Sindicatum Sustainable Resources, which he co-founded in London in 2005. Sindicatum is an award-winning developer, owner and operator of clean energy projects worldwide and a producer of sustainable resources from natural products and waste.
Assaad Razzouk is also the founder of South East Asia's first Middle Eastern contemporary art gallery, Sana Gallery in Singapore.; is affiliated with Washington, D.C.’s Middle East Institute as an Expert at the Middle East – Asia Project; serves on the Advisory Board of the Hong Kong-based Association for Sustainable & Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA), is a Board Member of the Climate Markets & Investment Association  and is an independent Board Member of Cedrus Invest Bank s.a.l.
From 1993 to 2002, Assaad Razzouk was an investment banker at Nomura International plc in London, where he was successively Head of the Middle East Group (1993-1997), Head of Corporate Finance – Emerging Markets (1997-1999), Head of Corporate Finance – Financial Institutions, Communications and Technology (1999-2001) and Deputy Head, Global Corporate Finance (2001-2002).
Razzouk is a graduate of Syracuse University (summa cum laude) and holds an MBA from Columbia University in New York.
Assaad Razzouk won the Association for Sustainable & Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA)'s "Most Progressive Corporate Leader" award in 2011. Razzouk was also named among the Top 50 Low-Carbon Pioneers by CNBC Business in June 2007  and among the Top 600 Most Powerful People in Finance by Global Finance in September 1998. Assaad Razzouk was chosen among the world's 20 most influential CEOs on Twitter by INSEAD in May 2016, a list also including leaders such as Tim Cook, Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Richard Branson.
Under Razzouk's leadership, Sindicatum Sustainable Resources Group won the 2013 Commodity Business Awards for Excellence in Emission Markets and a Special Commendation for Excellence in Market Policy and Advisory. In 2012, Sindicatum won the Energy Institute ‘Energy Excellence’ Award for its Duerping Project in China in 2012. Sindicatum's Duerping Project was designed to optimise energy recovery from waste gas extracted from a coal mine that was previously vented to the atmosphere. Sindicatum Sustainable Resources Group also won the 2012 Commodity Business Award for Excellence in Renewable Energy Markets, as well as special commendations for Excellence in Emission Markets and Excellence in Policy and Advisory.
In 2011, Sindicatum Sustainable Resources Group won the Commodity Business Award for Excellence in Renewable Energy Markets, as well as a Special Commendation in the Commodity Market Policy & Advisory category. Sindicatum Sustainable Resources Group also won two Green Business Awards, for excellence in the Renewable Energy and Carbon Reduction categories in 2011.
- "An Ode to the Middle East in Singapore's Sana Gallery". The Daily Star. October 20, 2012.
- "The Market for Carbon Trading is Broken. We Must Fix it Before It's Too Late". The Independent. September 17, 2012.
- "Sindicatum Board of Directors". Sindicatum Sustainable Resources.
- "Sana Gallery, About". Sana Gallery. 2012.
- "Assaad W. Razzouk". Middle East Institute.
- "ASrIA Advisory Board 2011-2012". ASrIA. 2011. Archived from the original on March 28, 2012.
- "Climate Markets & Investment Association - Board Members". Climate Markets & Investment Association. Archived from the original on October 5, 2014.
- "Cedrus Invest Bank - Who We Are". Cedrus Invest Bank.
- "Assaad Razzouk". Eco-Business. 2011. Archived from the original on 2013-01-22.
- "Assaad Razzouk - Contributor". Eco-Business.Com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-22.
- "Press Releases & Notable News". ASrIA. October 3, 2011. Archived from the original on April 14, 2013.
- "Top 50 Low Carbon Pioneers". CNBC Business. June 2007. Archived from the original on June 30, 2011.
- File:Global Finance - Sept 1998.pdf
- "The Most Influential CEOs on Twitter". INSEAD. May 23, 2016.
- "Commodity Business Awards 2013". Commodity Business Awards. November 20, 2013.
- "Sindicatum Wins Multiple Energy Awards". Eco-Business.Com. November 17, 2012.
- "Sindicatum Wins Commodity Business Award 2011". Eco-Business.Com. November 17, 2011.
- "Sindicatum Wins Green Business Awards 2011". PR Newswire. November 2, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Assaad W. Razzouk.|
- Sindicatum Sustainable Resources
- Sana Gallery
- The Daily Star, Beirut, Lebanon, October 20, 2012.
- "Climate Markets & Investment Association"
- The Independent, September 17, 2012.
- Bloomberg News, December 7, 2011.
- Bloomberg News, January 25, 2011.
- Reuters, January 22, 2010.
- Reuters, November 20, 2009.