|Origin||New Orleans, Louisiana|
Astral Project is a modern jazz quartet from New Orleans, Louisiana. It was founded by saxophonist Tony Dagradi in 1978 and includes drummer Johnny Vidacovich, bassist James Singleton and 7-string guitarist Steve Masakowski. The band originally included pianist David Torkanowsky who left in 2001. Astral Project blends jazz, funk, rock, and world music and has been called one of New Orleans' premier jazz groups.
Astral Project began performing at the Absinthe House on Bourbon Street where during their early years Bobby McFerrin was known to often sit in. Having made several national and international tours, the quartet has continued to perform more recently at Snug Harbor and at Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Astral Project has received several Big Easy Entertainment Awards.
- Come with me (Astral Project)
- Astral Project (Astral Project, 1997)
- Elevado (Compass, 1998)
- Voodoo Bop (Compass, 1999)
- Big Shot (Astral Project, 2003)
- The Legend of Cowboy Bill (Astral Project, 2004)
- Live in New Orleans (Astral Project, 2006)
- Blue Streak (Astral Project, 2008)
- Karrin Allyson, with Astral Project Archived June 25, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. David Lee Simmons, Gambit Weekly, January 10, 2006, retrieved July 27, 2007
- Bio of Johnny Vidacovich Rose of Sharon Witmer, AllMusic
- Astral Project Live In New Orleans Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. Geraldine Wyckoff, OffBeat Magazine, June 21, 2006
- Big Easy Entertainment Awards Winners 1988-2005 Archived June 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. bestofneworleans.com, retrieved July 27, 2007
- "Astral Project | Album Discography | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Astral Project.|