Athens Airport–Kiato railway
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Athens Airport–Kiato railway|
|Type||High-speed railway/Commuter rail|
|Termini||Athens Airport Coordinates: |
|Opened||2005-2007 (current part)|
|Line length||135 km (84 mi)|
(almost 235 km (146 mi) up to Patras)
|Number of tracks||Double track|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Operating speed||160 km/h (99 mph) (average)|
200 km/h (124 mph) (highest)
The railway from Athens Airport to Kiato is a 135-kilometre long railway line in Greece, that connects the International Airport of Athens with Kiato in the Peloponnese region, via the northern suburbs of Athens and Corinth. It is currently being extended to Patras.
The stations on the Athens Airport–Kiato railway are:
- Athens Airport Station
- Koropi station
- Paiania-Kantza station
- Pallini station
- Doukissis Plakentias station
- Pentelis Station
- Kifisias railway station
- Nerantziotissa station
- Irakleio railway station
- Metamorfosi railway station
- Acharnes Railway Center (interchange with the Piraeus–Platy railway)
- Ano Liosia railway station
- Aspropyrgos railway station
- Magoula railway station
- Nea Peramos railway station
- Megara railway station
- Kineta railway station
- Agioi Theodoroi railway station
- Corinth railway station
- Zevgolatio railway station
- Kiato station
The Athens Airport–Kiato railway is used by the following passenger services:
- Proastiakos services Athens Airport–Ano Liosia and Athens Airport–Kiato
- OSE services: Athens Airport–Ano Liosia and Athens/SKA–Kiato. At Kiato, a bus line to Xylokastro, Diakofto, Aigio and Patras is available.
As part of the P.A.Th.E./P. project, the Athens Airport-Kiato line is being extended to eventually reach Patras. In August 2019, Proastiakos services currently terminating at Kiato will be extended to Aigio. New stations served by the line will be Xylokastro, Akrata and Aigio, as well as six new stops at Diminio, Lykoporia, Lygia, Platanos Beach, Diakopto and Eliki.
- "OSE - 2017 Network Statement Annexes".
- "TrainOSE - 2013 Proastiakos Athens schedule" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "More Suburban Railway Stops Added to Peloponnese Line". GTP News. 18 April 2019.