The Atomic Bitchwax
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
|The Atomic Bitchwax|
The Atomic Bitchwax live 2013
|Origin||Neptune, New Jersey, United States|
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, stoner rock, psychedelic rock|
|Labels||Tee Pee, MeteorCity|
|Associated acts||Monster Magnet, Godspeed, Solace, Core, Raging Slab, Black NASA|
|Past members||Ed Mundell
The Atomic Bitchwax is a stoner rock band formed in New Jersey. Chris Kosnik, Finn Ryan, and Bob Pantella first started plotting their musical careers back in the mid 90s influenced by 70s rock and progressive groups ranging from Black Sabbath to Parliament Funkadelic. Simultaneously all three members where already playing for major labels in separate bands: Godspeed (Atlantic), Monster Magnet (A&M) and Core (Atlantic).
The Atomic Bitchwax slowly evolved for fifteen years as a players band with the enduring vision to "play what you want". Their music is a combination of 60s psychedelic rock, and 70s riff rock filtered though the progressive rock influences of today. Since their first release in 1999 'The Atomic Bitchwax' on Tee Pee Records, they have toured every year in North America and Europe covering over 15 countries and continue to expand. In that time the band has released five more records including three full lengths. 'TAB-2, 3 and 4', two EPs 'Spit Blood', and 'Boxriff', which included a DVD live show filmed in Seattle's Sunset Tavern. Their music has also appeared in popular TV shows including 'Jackass', 'Home-wrecker' and 'Fox sports'. Latest work includes the 2011 release of 'The Local Fuzz', boasting one 42 minute track of over 50 riffs back to back. 2012 and 2013 brings the bands road show to Australia, New Zealand, England, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Switzerland, Austria and the United States.
Chris and Bob will also be touring with Monster Magnet from late 2013 through summer 2014 in support of their latest record "Last Patrol".
- Chris Kosnik - bass, vocals -currently of Monster Magnet (formerly of Godspeed and Black NASA)
- Bob Pantella - drums, percussion - formerly of Raging Slab, currently of Monster Magnet (and Riotgod)
- Finn Ryan - guitar, vocals - (formerly of Core)
- Atomic Bitchwax I CD/LP (1999 MIA Records/Tee Pee Records)
- Atomic Bitchwax II CD/LP (2000 Tee Pee Records)
- 3 CD (2005 MeteorCity)
- TAB 4 CD/LP (2008 MeteorCity)
- The Local Fuzz CD/LP (2011 Tee Pee Records)
- "Hey Alright" on Welcome to Meteor City (1999 MeteorCity Records)
- "Combination" on Right in the Nuts: A Tribute to Aerosmith (2000 Small Stone Records)
- "Kiss the Sun" on Doomed (2000 This Dark Reign Records)
- "Liquor Queen" on The Mighty Desert Rock Avengers (2002 People Like You Records)
- "Hey Alright" on Guerrilla Jukebox Vol 1 (2003 Tee Pee Records)
- "STD" & "The Destroyer" on ...And Back to Earth Again (2007 MeteorCity Records)
- DeRogatis, Jim (2003). Turn on Your Mind: Four Decades of Great Psychedelic Rock. Hal Leonard Corporation. pp. 552–. ISBN 9781617802157. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2014)|