The Atomic Bitchwax
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Atomic Bitchwax
The Atomic Bitchwax live 2013
|Origin||Neptune, New Jersey, United States|
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, stoner rock, psychedelic rock|
|Labels||Tee Pee, MeteorCity|
|Associated acts||Monster Magnet, Godspeed, Solace, Core, Raging Slab, Black NASA|
|Past members||Ed Mundell|
The Atomic Bitchwax is an American rock band from New Jersey, semi formed in 1992 by Basssist/Singer Chris Kosnik,Guitarist Ed Mundell and Drummer Keith Ackerman they didnt release their first LP until 1999 on the NYC label "TeePee Records".
Mixing elements of 1960s psychedelic rock and 1970s riff rock and filtered though modern progressive rock, their music has appeared in popular TV shows including Jackass, Home Wrecker and various Fox Sports broadcasts.
The proto version of the group became a local jam band playing the New Jersey and New York area. This lineup released two full-length records, the self-titled debut in 1999, and Atomic Bitchwax 2 in 2000 via Tee Pee Records. In addition, they released the Spit Blood EP in 2002 via the MeteorCity label. In 2004 Mundell was unable to keep up with the planned tour schedule leaving Kosnik and Ackerman to replace him with guitarist/vocalist Finn Ryan (formerly of Core). Thus ending his short 5 year run with the band. The following 15 years included 9 studio albums,60+ tours,15 videos and over 1,500 live concerts finds the band at their most focused,realized and prolific sound they are know for today. Their 2005 follow up, aptly titled 3. included two European and North American tours, along with a visit to Seattle's "Sound House" to record the 2006 EP, Boxriff. Engineered by Jack Endino, the EP included a DVD of live show filmed in Seattle's Sunset Tavern.
Current Monster Magnet drummer Bob Pantella joins the band in 2007 and The Atomic Bitchwax commenced more touring. The year concluded with the recording and release of the full-length album 4 on Teepee and Meteor City. In 2011, the band released "The Local Fuzz", one 42-minute track with over 50 riffs back-to-back.
The band spent 2012–2018 touring Australia, New Zealand, England, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Greece ,Croatia,North America and South America. "Gravitron" was released April 2015 and in December 2017 released "Force Field" both on TeePee Records NYC.
Bassist Kosnik also joins Monster Magnet in 2013. Sadly guitarist Finn Ryan left the band in 2018 following the US "Force Field" tour for health reasons after 15 years with the group. Guitarist Garrett Sweeny of Monster Magnet joins the band in the summer of 2018.
- Chris Kosnik - bass, vocals (currently of Monster Magnet, formerly of Godspeed and Black NASA)
- Bob Pantella - drums, percussion (formerly of Raging Slab, currently of Monster Magnet, Riotgod, Cycle of Pain)
- Garrett Sweeny - lead guitar, vocals (currently of Monster Magnet
- Ed Mundell - guitar (formerly of Monster Magnet
- Keith Ackerman - drums, percussion
- Finn Ryan - guitar, vocals (formerly of Core)
- Atomic Bitchwax I|The Atomic Bitchwax CD/LP (1999 MIA Records/Tee Pee Records)
- II CD/LP (2000 Tee Pee Records)
- 3 CD (2005 MeteorCity)
- TAB 4/T4B CD/LP (2008 MeteorCity)
- The Local Fuzz CD/LP (2011 Tee Pee Records)
- Gravitron CD/LP (2015 Tee Pee Records)
- Force Field CD/LP (2017 Tee Pee Records)
- "Hey Alright" on Welcome to Meteor City (1999 MeteorCity Records)
- "Combination" on Right in the Nuts: A Tribute to Aerosmith (2000 Small Stone Records)
- "Kiss the Sun" on Doomed (2000 This Dark Reign Records)
- "Liquor Queen" on The Mighty Desert Rock Avengers (2002 People Like You Records)
- "Hey Alright" on Guerrilla Jukebox Vol 1 (2003 Tee Pee Records)
- "STD" & "The Destroyer" on ...And Back to Earth Again (2007 MeteorCity Records)