|Directed by||Ellie Kanner|
|Produced by||Ellie Kanner
|Written by||David Congalton|
|Music by||Jeff Cardoni|
|Edited by||Stephen Myers|
Bull Market Entertainment
Forever Sunny Productions
|Distributed by||Screen Media Films
Authors Anonymous is a 2014 comedy American film directed and produced by Ellie Kanner. It stars Kaley Cuoco, Chris Klein, Tricia Helfer, Jonathan Banks, Jonathan Bennett, Teri Polo and Dennis Farina in his final film role. The film was released on March 18, 2014 through video on demand prior to its limited release on April 18, 2014 by Screen Media Films and Starz Digital.
When several dysfunctional and unpublished writers accept young Hannah into their clique, they don't expect her overnight success.
Hannah, who has rarely even read a book, let alone written one, not only manages to land a literary agent to represent her, she cashes in on a deal to turn her first manuscript into a Hollywood film. The support of her weekly writers group, Authors Anonymous, turns to resentment.
Colette Mooney receives rejection letters galore from agents and publishers. Her husband, optician Alan, speaks ideas into a hand-held recorder all day long, but never acts on them. Henry Obert has writer's block, as well as a huge crush on Hannah, while a Tom Clancy wanna-be, John K. Butzin, resorts to self-publishing in a delusional quest to become a best-selling author, helped by a young hardware store employee named Sigrid who believes in him.
In time, Hannah realizes that maintaining a relationship with these people is next to impossible, but does what she can to at least encourage Henry to begin writing again.
- Kaley Cuoco as Hannah Rinaldi
- Chris Klein as Henry Obert
- Tricia Helfer as Sigrid Hagenguth
- Jonathan Banks as David Kelleher
- Jonathan Bennett as William Bruce
- Teri Polo as Colette Mooney
- Dennis Farina as John K. Butzin
- Dylan Walsh as Alan Mooney
- Charlene Amoia as Eudora
- Meagen Fay as Maureen
- Robb Skyler as Dr. Xiroman
- Diane Robin as Lois Pepper
The film is produced by director Ellie Kanner's Forever Sunny Productions (EKZ Productions) and Hal Schwartz's Bull Market Entertainment in association with Cynthia and Laine Guidry's Lainie Productions. Jonathan Bennett and Kaley Cuoco also served as executive producers to the film.
- Sneider, Jeff. "Kaley Cuoco Comedy ‘Authors Anonymous’ Acquired by Screen Media, Starz Digital". The Wrap. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Harmon, Jessica. "Cuoco's Authors Anonymous to make a big bang come Spring 2014". Movie Pilot. Archived from the original on 14 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Screen Media Films & Starz Acquire AUTHORS ANONYMOUS with Kaley Cuoco". Broadway World. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Authors Anonymous Billing". Coming Soon. Archived from the original on 13 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Authors Anonymous movie gets release date". Cal Coast News. Retrieved 13 January 2014.