|Born||Kaley Christine Cuoco
November 30, 1985
Camarillo, California, United States
|Other names||Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting|
|Spouse(s)||Ryan Sweeting (m. 2013; div. 2016)|
Kaley Christine Cuoco (/ / KAY-lee KWOH-koh; born November 30, 1985) is an American actress. She is known for playing Bridget Hennessy in the ABC sitcom 8 Simple Rules (2002–2005), Billie Jenkins in the final season of the supernatural drama series Charmed (2005–2006), and Penny in the CBS comedy series The Big Bang Theory (2007–present) for which she won a Satellite Award in 2012, a Critics' Choice Television Award in 2013, and a People's Choice Award in 2014. Cuoco has also appeared in films such as To Be Fat like Me (2007), Hop (2011) and Authors Anonymous (2014). In October 2014, Cuoco was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Cuoco was born in Camarillo, California, the elder daughter of Layne Ann (Wingate), a homemaker, and Gary Carmine Cuoco, a realtor. Her father is of Italian descent while her mother is of English and German ancestry. Her sister, Briana, competed on the fifth season of The Voice. As a child, Cuoco was a regionally ranked amateur tennis player, a sport she took up when she was 3 years old. She stopped playing at the age of 16.
Cuoco made her first feature film appearance as the young Karin Carter in the 1995 action thriller Virtuosity. In 1999, Cuoco appeared on the CBS sitcom Ladies Man and in 2000 she portrayed former Brady Bunch star Maureen McCormick in the TV movie Growing Up Brady as well as starring in the Disney Channel Original Movie Alley Cats Strike. In September 2002, Cuoco began a starring role as Bridget Hennessy on the ABC sitcom 8 Simple Rules. Bridget was the oldest child, despite Cuoco being six years younger than Amy Davidson, who played her younger sister. Because of low ratings, ABC canceled the series on May 17, 2005.
In addition to the final season of 8 Simple Rules, Cuoco had starring roles on the NBC miniseries 10.5, the ABC Family original movie Crimes of Fashion, the independent film Debating Robert Lee, and in the film The Hollow at the same time She also voiced the character of Brandy Harrington, a 14-year-old anthropomorphic mixed-breed dog, on the Disney Channel cartoon Brandy and Mr. Whiskers. Cuoco voiced the character of Kirstee Smith in Bratz from 2004 to 2005. In the eighth season of the TV show Charmed, Cuoco appeared as Billie Jenkins, a powerful young witch with the powers of telekinesis and projection. Executive producer Brad Kern stated that Cuoco's character was initially brought in as a possible spin-off.
In September 2007, Cuoco began starring in the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory, playing Penny, a Cheesecake Factory employee and aspiring actress who lives across the hall from scientists Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper. Prior to the 2010–2011 season, she earned $60,000 an episode for the series, the same as her co-stars. In 2010, the cast negotiated a raise for each actor to make $200,000 per episode. On September 13, 2010, she broke her leg in a horse-riding accident and missed two episodes of the series. In late October 2012, Cuoco enlisted the help of her sister Briana to organize a flash mob on the set of the show, in which she and the cast and crew surprised the studio audience by suddenly lip syncing and dancing to Carly Rae Jepsen's song "Call Me Maybe". A video of the event was posted on YouTube and became a viral success. A clip from the performance was also played during Cuoco's January 8, 2013 appearance on the late night talk show Conan. As of August 2014, Cuoco and her co-stars from The Big Bang Theory Johnny Galecki and Jim Parsons, each earn an estimated $1 million per episode.
Cuoco starred in the Lifetime film To Be Fat Like Me, which premiered on January 8, 2007. She played a minor role in the Prison Break episodes "The Message" and "Chicago", as well as starring in the comedy horror spoof Killer Movie in 2008. She also appeared in the 2010 film The Penthouse. In 2011, Cuoco appeared in Allure magazine's annual "Naked Truth" feature. That same year, she appeared in the films Hop and The Last Ride. She was also chosen to host the Teen Choice Awards in 2011, as well as the People's Choice Awards in 2012 and 2013. Cuoco is a regular on Priceline.com commercials as the daughter of William Shatner's character.
While working on The Big Bang Theory, Cuoco privately dated co-star Johnny Galecki for roughly two years until December 2009, while their characters on the show were also dating. She told CBS Watch in September 2010 that they have remained on good terms since ending their relationship. She became engaged to addiction specialist Josh Resnik in October 2011, but they ended their engagement by March 2012. Cuoco subsequently became engaged to professional tennis player Ryan Sweeting in September 2013, after three months of dating. They married on December 31, 2013, in Santa Susana, California. On September 25, 2015, it was announced that the two decided to divorce. The divorce was finalized in May 2016.
|1992||Quicksand: No Escape||Connie Reinhardt|
|1997||Picture Perfect||Little girl|
|1998||Mr. Murder||Charlotte Stillwater|
|2000||Alley Cats Strike||Elisa Bowers|
|2000||Growing Up Brady||Maureen McCormick|
|2000||Can't Be Heaven||Teresa Powers|
|2003||Merry Mickey Celebration, AA Merry Mickey Celebration||Herself|
|2004||Debating Robert Lee||Maralee Rodgers|
|2004||Crimes of Fashion||Brooke Sarto|
|2004||Hollow, TheThe Hollow||Karen|
|2005||Lucky 13||Sarah Baker|
|2006||Separated at Worth||Gabby|
|2006||Bratz: Passion 4 Fashion – Diamondz||Kirstee Smith||Voice|
|2007||To Be Fat like Me||Alyson Schmidt|
|2008||Killer Movie||Blanca Champion|
|2010||Penthouse, TheThe Penthouse||Erica Roc|
|2011||Last Ride, TheThe Last Ride||Wanda|
|2014||Authors Anonymous||Hannah Rinaldi|
|2015||The Wedding Ringer||Gretchen Palmer|
|2015||Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip||Eleanor||Voice|
|2016||Why Him?||Justine (AI)||Voice|
|1994||My So-Called Life||Young Angela Chase||Episode: "Father Figures"|
|1994||Northern Exposure||Miranda||Episode: "Hello, I Love You"|
|1996||Ellen||Little Ellen Morgan||Episode: "The Bubble Gum Incident"|
|2000||Homewood PI||Lauren Crane||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2000||Don't Forget Your Toothbrush||Ashley|
|2000–01||Ladies Man||Bonnie Stiles||8 episodes|
|2001||7th Heaven||Lynn||Episode: "Relationships"|
|2002||First Monday||Alyssa||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2002||Ellen Show, TheThe Ellen Show||Vanessa||Episode: "Shallow Gal"|
|2002||Nightmare Room, TheThe Nightmare Room||Kristin Ferris||Episode: "My Name is Evil"|
|2002–05||8 Simple Rules||Bridget Hennessy||76 episodes|
|2004||The Help||Carly Michaels||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2004||Complete Savages||Erin||Episode: "For Whom the Cell Tolls"|
|2004||Punk'd||Herself||Season 3, Episode 3|
|2004||10.5||Amanda Williams||TV miniseries|
|2004–06||Brandy and Mr. Whiskers||Brandy Harrington||Voice|
|2005–06||Charmed||Billie Jenkins||22 episodes|
|2005–07||Loonatics Unleashed||Paula Hayes / Weather Vane||3 episodes|
|2006||Secrets of a Small Town||Misty Anders||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2007||Prison Break||Sasha Murray||Episodes: "The Message" and "Chicago"|
|2007–present||Big Bang Theory, TheThe Big Bang Theory||Penny||All episodes except "The Desperation Emanation" and "The Irish Pub Formulation"|
|2012||Peterson: Untouchable, DrewDrew Peterson: Untouchable||Stacy Peterson||TV movie|
|2016||Comedy Bang! Bang!||Herself||Episode: "Kaley Cuoco Wears a Black Blazer and Slip on Sneakers"|
Awards and nominations
- "8 Interesting Facts About Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: Actor Spotlight". CBS. Retrieved May 15, 2016.
- Lombardi, Ken (October 30, 2014). "Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting gets emotional over Hollywood Walk of Fame star". CBS News. Retrieved November 3, 2014.
- "Kaley Cuoco". Yahoo!. Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- "5 Things You Don't Know About Kaley Cuoco". ET Online. Archived from the original on January 6, 2014. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Southern California Tennis Association 1998 Year-End Junior Rankings – Girls'_14_Singles". californiatennis.com. Retrieved October 7, 2012. No. 54 in Girls' 14 Singles.
- Acuna, Kirsten (March 2, 2012). "25 Things You Don't Know About Newly Single Kaley Cuoco—CBS' 'Big Bang Theory' Sweetheart". Business Insider. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
Cuoco has been an ace in Hollywood and on the tennis court, playing the sport since she was three years old. She finally made the full switch to acting in 2002
- Entertainment Tonight. CBS. November 30, 2012.
- "Debating Robert Lee (2006)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- "Kaley Cuoco". kaleycuoco.org. Retrieved September 15, 2010.
- Masters, Megan (October 12, 2010). "Kaley Cuoco Returns to Big Bang Theory After Injury as a-Pregnant Amputee Bartender?!". E!. Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- Ratledge, Ingela (December 3, 2012) "Big Bang's Flash Mob Mentality". TV Guide. p. 6
- "The Big Bang Theory Flash mob! [Full version compilation]". NommiXproductions. YouTube. November 16, 2012. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "The Guy Who Drove a Hummer and Wasn't a Total A-Hole". Conan. Season 3. Episode 25. January 8, 2013. TBS.
- "Big Bang Theory stars sign new contracts". BBC News. Retrieved August 4, 2014.
- "Movies — To Be Fat Like Me". lifetimetv.com. Archived from the original on March 3, 2007. Retrieved March 18, 2007.
- Brown, Robyn (May 2011). "The Naked Truth: 4 Celebrities Go Nude for Allure". Allure. Retrieved July 4, 2011.
- "Kaley Cuoco Signs For "I Hop," "Last Ride" – March 31, 2010". Dark Horizons. Retrieved May 7, 2010.
- "Kaley Cuoco to Host 2011 Teen Choice Awards". J-14. Retrieved July 28, 2011.
- "Kaley Cuoco to Host 2012 People's Choice Awards". People's Choice. Retrieved October 9, 2012.
- "Kaley Cuoco to host People's Choice Awards". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- "Kaley Cuoco joins Shatner in Priceline ads". USA Today. January 9, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- Morgan, Hudson (September 2010). "Justify Her Love". CBS Watch.
- Weiner, David (March 2, 2012). "ET Exclusive: Kaley Cuoco No Longer Engaged". ET Online.
- "'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco gets married". Associated Press via Newsday. Archived from the original on January 2, 2014. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- Krauser, Emily (September 25, 2015). "Kaley Cuoco Divorcing Ryan Sweeting After 21 Months of Marriage". Entertainment Tonight.
- Ungerman, Alex (May 9, 2016). "Kaley Cuoco Finalizes Divorce From Ryan Sweeting, Actress to Pay $165,000 in Spousal Support". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Kilday, Gregg. "'Silver Linings Playbook' Wins Five Satellite Awards, Including Best Picture". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 24, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kaley Cuoco.|
|People's Choice Awards host
Beth Behrs & Kat Dennings
|Teen Choice Awards host
Demi Lovato & Kevin McHale