|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
Avram "Avi" Glazer is part of the Glazer family, who control First Allied Corporation, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL, and who own Manchester United of the Premier League. He is the son of Malcolm Glazer.
Early life and education
Glazer was born to a Jewish family, the son of Linda and Malcolm Glazer, American businessman and billionaire. Glazer received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Washington University in St. Louis in 1983 and graduated from the Washington College of Law at American University. He also studied at Beijing University and Fudan University in Shanghai.
Glazer is currently the joint chairman of the Manchester United board, alongside his brother Joel, appointed by their father, Malcolm Glazer. He is also the former chairman, president and chief executive officer of Zapata Corporation. Zapata Corporation was founded by George H. W. Bush (later 41st President of the USA). Glazer was formerly chairman and chief executive officer of both Safety Components International and Omega Protein Corporation. He was formerly a member of the board of directors of Specialty Equipment Corporation.
- The Guardian: "The Guardian profile: Malcolm Glazer" by Nils Pratley February 10, 2005
- Tampa Bay Times: "The owner, the enigma" By SCOTT BARANCIK and DAMIAN CRISTODERO December 26, 2004
- "Glazer sons join Manchester United board". The Times. 2005-06-07. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Executive profile: Avram A. Glazer". Businessweek. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- NoLa Defender: "Football to Return Uptown: Tulane to Build On-Campus Stadium" by Brad Rhines December 8, 2011
- The Glazer Family Foundation - About Us: Avie Glazer retrieved August 4, 2012
- Tulane Alumni Association Awards - Alumna Volunteer Award 2010: Jill Henkin Glazer, NC '85 retrieved August 4, 2012
Sir Roy Gardner
|Manchester United F.C. chairman
with Joel Glazer (2005–)