|Headquarters||Bridgewater, New Jersey, United States|
|John J. Fraher, Chief Executive Officer and President|
Aptalis was formed in 2011 after the acquisition of Eurand Pharmaceuticals by Montreal-based Axcan Pharma. Axcan's area of specialty was the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. Formerly traded publicly on NASDAQ, Axcan was acquired by TPG Capital in 2008. Eurand Pharmaceuticals was a producer and contract manufacturer of modified release or taste-masked pharmaceutical dosage forms. Eurand's former manufacturing facilities in Vandalia, Ohio and Milan, Italy continued to operate under the Aptalis name.
On July 1, 2014, Actavis plc announced that it completed the acquisition of Forest Laboratories, Inc.(NYSE: FRX).
In February 2015, TPG Capital announced that it would acquire a drug delivery unit of Aptalis called Aptalis Pharmaceutical Technologies from Actavis. The transaction was completed in April 2015 and the new company was renamed to Adare Pharmaceuticals.
On June 15, 2015 Actavis plc announced that the company has adopted Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) as its new global name and will begin trading today under a new symbol — AGN.
- "Company Overview of Aptalis Holding Inc.". Bloomberg. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "Latest 10-K". Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- "Press Release: The Newly Combined Axcan and Eurand Announce Name Change to Aptalis". Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Press Release:Eurand to be Acquired by Axcan for $12.00 per Share in Cash". Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Press Release: Axcan Announces Completion of Transaction With TPG Capital". Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "Press Release: Forest Labs to Buy Aptalis for $2.9 Billion". Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Aptalis Holdings officially withdraws IPO following announcement of acquisition by Forest Labs". Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Actavis Completes Forest Laboratories Acquisition". Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Palmer, Eric (16 February 2015). "TPG buys back Aptalis' Pharmatech unit from Actavis". Fierce Pharma Manufacturing. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "TPG completes acquisition of Aptalis, renames company Adare Pharmaceuticals". Center Watch. 2 April 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "Actavis plc is now Allergan plc". Retrieved 16 June 2015.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|