The company is located at 9, Suleyman Rustam Street, AZ1014 Baku AZERBAIJAN.
CEO Jayhun Mollazade
Mr. Mollazade was born in 1960. He was educated at Baku State University. His experience includes service as Azerbaijan’s Chargé d’Affaires to the United States and time in the consulting business.
Sazz 4G Brand
One of the company’s brands is called “Sazz 4G,” which is a high-speed Internet service provider in Azerbaijan. The service is available in Baku, parts of the Absheron peninsula, and in the cities of Khirdalan, Sumgayıt, Mingachevir and Ganja.
The company was the first provider of 4G services in Azerbaijan, which it began developing in 2007.
Business and Demographics
An interview with David Mammadov, the Chief Technology Officer of AzQTel, on the Broadband World Forum 2013 website says that nearly 50 percent of Azerbaijan’s people live in rural areas that do not have broadband Internet available. Mammadov says in the article that the Azerbaijani government wants to expand broadband services to all areas of the country. In the same article, Mammadov announces that AzQTel wants to someday offer cloud computing and “smart city” technology services.
Additionally, according to the American Chamber of Commerce in Azerbaijan (“AmCham”), AzQTel is a sponsor of AmCham charity events.
Further Information and Links
- List of deployed WiMAX networks
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (Azerbaijan)
- Telecommunications in Azerbaijan
- Har-Even, Benny (25 July 2013). "CEO, AzQtel, Azerbaijan: "It’s our goal that TD-LTE will become a worldwide standard"". Telecoms.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "AzQtel Selects Prodea to Deliver the First Connected Home Services to Azerbaijan" (Press release). Prodea Systems. 23 Nov 2010. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Azqtel, Limited". The Réseaux IP Européens Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC). Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Unplugged". The Business Year. 2012. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "SAZZ 4G awarded internet honorary diploma". Trend News Agency. Baku, Azerbaijan. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "SAZZ is new feature on telecommunications market". Trend News Agency. Baku, Azerbaijan. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Azqtel, Azerbaijan: "The evolution of our network technology to TD-LTE is a natural move". 13th Annual Broadband World Forum 2013. Amsterdam, Netherlands: Informa UK Ltd. October 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Jeyhun Atayev, ed. (October 2011). "Impact Azerbaijan" (PDF). American Chamber of Commerce in Azerbaijan. p. 54. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 April 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013.